chapter 24

Thursday.

Laying flat on my back, I stared at the mirrored ceiling in my bedroom, drowning in my pool of thoughts as I couldn't stop thinking of everything that happened in the past two days.

Somehow, Trent found out about my conversation with Marcus at the restaurant and to say that he was pissed off was an understatement, he was agitated, mainly because I didn't tell him anything about it, he ignored me for one whole day and I don't need to tell y'all how horrible that felt, even though he calmed down the  day after.

But honestly, He had every right to be mad because we took an oath to always be honest with each other, but I also had my reasons for not telling him anything about it, I didn't want to be the reason behind Marcus's and Trent's feud, especially with the worldcup coming up, they had such a strong relationship before but as soon as I came into their lives, everything got ruined, and I feel awfully bad for that, everything happened because of me, if I had just stayed back in new york, non of these problems would be happening right now.

But as they say, everything happens for a reason so maybe something good would come out of this!

"Selena!" Ashler snapped his fingers infront of my face, making me jump out of my thoughts.

"oh, hey ash" I said and quickly forced a smile.

"hey!" he smiled back and took a seat next to me on the bed "what were you thinking about, you seemed so lost" he asked.

"oh, nothing, I was just feeling sleepy" I lied.

"really? Because you look like you just had an energy drink" he replied, his words dripping in sarcasm, making me look down to my feet as I knew I was only seconds away from being busted.

"c'mon, spill it, I know something's bothering you, you haven't been yourself since yesterday" he added, but I was still adamant because Ashler was not in support of my relationship with Trent, he still doesn't trust him around me, but I wouldn't blame him because he was just looking out for me after what happened the first time, which I was a thousand percent sure won't happen again.

"you can tell me anything, I'm your brother and I might be able to help" he said, raising a good point.

"I know that ash, but I don't think you'd want to help me on this" I replied, with all honesty.

"it's about your boyfriend init!" He asked and I nodded "Well, you know for a fact that I don't think he has changed in anyway, but if you're happy with him then that's all that really matters to me" said Ashler with a soft smile across his face as he caressed my cheek with his fingers, making me feel like a new born baby.

Best brother in the universe, even though he's impossible to deal with sometimes!

"thanks ash! But just so you know, I promise Trent has changed completely, he's not the person he used to be 2 years ago, he proved that to me himself" I assured him.

"sure, whatever you say!" he replied, obviously not having anything I was saying.

"I'm serious, maybe you both should talk and then you can see for yourself, he's a really sweet person and I'm sure you're gonna like him after giving him another chance" I suggested.

"I don't think so!" Ashler said while chuckling "just forget all that and tell me what's bothering you" he added.

"okay, it's about Marcus and Trent, they're in the middle of a really bad fight and I feel like I'm the cause of it, you know the worldcup is coming up and they might both get called up so fighting at a time like that is not gonna be good for any of them, and I absolutely despise being the reason behind that, so I don't know what to do" I explained while Ashler listened to me with a straight face, meaning that he was thinking of a way out.