Chaper 1: Please don't leave me now!

It's been five months, and three days since I lost two of the most important people in my life. They were everything to me. Now I'm alone. Stefan's at home grieving, Caroline's traveling, trying to clear her mind, and I'm here at whitmore college trying to lead a normal life. As if that's possible. I haven't heard from either of them in weeks. Caroline's sent a few post cards here and there, but other than that NOTHING! I miss them. And I know we said we would all give each other a little space. But I don't need space. I need my friends. Suddenly my cellphone rang, and I looked at the caller I.D. IT WAS CAROLINE! I answered as quickly as I could!

"Hey Care, I haven't heard from you in awhile, I said enthusiastically."

I was expecting an "oh Elena, I missed you soo much", but that's not what I got.

"ELENA, Caroline said frantically, you need to get down here NOW!"

"Where, I shouted, get down where?"

"Home, she replied, LIKE RIGHT NOW, it's Stefan."

"Stefan, I replied, what's wro-

And before I could finish my sentence she hung up.

I threw my phone into my back pocket, and ran for the door. As I was heading to my car I saw Chloe. Chloe is my replacement roommate at whitmore. She's quiet, shy, and extremely smart.

"Chloe, I shouted from across the parking lot, cover for me please!"

"HUH, she screamed obnoxiously loud."

"COVER FOR ME, I shouted back equally as loud."

"Got it, she replied. Giving me an awkward, but reassuring thumbs up.

I hopped in my car, and drove without even thinking about stopping. Something was happening with Stefan, and I had to find out what.

When I pulled into the driveway, my jaw immediately dropped. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"STEFAANN DON'T, I yelled."

To be continued........