Chapter 6

I slowly open my eyelids, my vision blurry. Eventually, my vision clears, well, as much as it can with my green tinted sight. I feel my heart beating, and I am breathing.

Oh good, back to normal.

I look around a bit from my position on the floor, then, I freeze when I see what is in front of me.

Is that a snout? Oh no, not normal.

I continue to stare at the snout, almost thinking it doesn't belong to me. I lift my head and shake it. The snout doesn't detach, and it follows my heads physics.

The snout is mine. So what happened to the rest of my body?

I focus on how the rest of my body feels. I feel a tail, curled up on the floor. Two wings protrude out of my back, the membrane attached from my shoulder area down to my waist. The wings are resting on the floor, relaxing. From what I feel, my arms are replaced my forelegs, coming from my shoulders. My hind legs are attached to the lower half of the body.

No way! I laughed at being pregnant with the dragon and said I was more likely to BE the dragon. Well, guess what fool was correct.

I stand up, shaking. I try to step forward but fall rather clumsily.

Crud, I'm like a child! I need to learn.

I lift my head, which is attached to a decently long neck, and look around the room until I see the clock. 5 hours till dawn.

School today. 5 hours left until I need to go to school. That is if I can even turn back into a human. Hmm, I'll see about that once I've learnt how to walk.

Over the next two hours, I try to walk. The feeling of being a dragon is exhilarating, but at the same time, it's weird, a change that I am having trouble adjusting to.

After two hours from when I awoke, I can finally walk without falling over. However, I need to concentrate heavily on the walking movements. So for the next hour, I pace around my room, trying to commit the action of walking to my subconscious. After the hour, I can at least walk without needing to think about it all the time, I'm not denying the fact that I still need to concentrate a bit, but at least it's progress.

Right, now I need to hope that I can become human. Shift!

I focus on my human body. Every little detail down to my height. But nothing happens.

What?! I'm stuck like this? All I want to do is shift into my human self!

With these words in my mind, my body starts convulsing. This time, I feel no pain as my bones loudly break, my skin elongates and shrinks and my body's physical resources are forced into a different shape. After 10 seconds, I am on all fours as a human, fully clothed for some reason. I stand up on my legs and slowly let things sink in.

I'm a dragon, and a human, like, two forms. My shift took like 10 seconds, no pain. I'm not exactly human anymore...

I don't feel tired, so for the rest of the early morning, I'm getting things ready for school, by that I mean doing the homework I neglected to do during the weekend. I start doing the dishes when I am finished with homework, which was difficult to do since my mind has been wandering to other things, like trying to get over the fact that I'm not human.

After washing the dishes, the alarm goes off and I get ready for school. Once I am finished with everything, I hurry up the driveway and wait for the bus. Clouds in the sky are blocking a lot of the light, and so my eyes glow faintly in the slight darkness. I hear the bus come my way.