The 'Bumpy' Road to Parenthood 1

Lucy woke up staring at the dark ceiling above her and husband's bed.

She woke up on her back instead either on her stomach or on her side.

The reason being the growing bump on her once flat stomach.

She was 16 weeks pregnant and in the middle of her second trimester.

And already she was dreading her third one. Her first trimester was easier than she thought. The only difference was her change in first, which wasn't too difficult since it wasn't a drastic change, she just stopped drinking alcohol and eating sushi or other best avoidable foods during pregnancy. The hardest thing for her was when she started to have morning sickness every other day when she did her husband would help take care of her by holding back her hair every time she threw up. He surprisingly never missed when she threw up and needed someone to hold back her black hair.

Once she began her second trimester, however, things started to turn to hell.

She started to have morning sickness every other day, when she did her husband would help take care of her by holding back her hair every time she threw up, and always getting her food in the middle of the nights when she craved them.

Her first experience with morning sickness was perhaps one of the most embarrassing moments she had. every time someone would bring it up, she'd throw a shoe, or something heavier, at them

It was also the day she found out about the bun in the oven.

She was at a master builders meeting and was discussing important points and stuff that made people pay attention instead of drifting away like they would with Gandalf's or Dumbledore's boring old rambles.

She was starting in the middle of the room, Right in the middle of a sentence, when she stopped and covered her mouth as she began to gag. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath and told herself and everyone else she was fine. She just took a quick sip of water and processed to her speech. After five minutes of talking, she gaged again and felt something coming up. She knew what was coming next and raced to the door, only she didn't make it and threw up on the floor in front of everyone.

As she bent down and let out her guts out, she immediately felt her hair pushed back by her husband who then escorted her outside not without a bag though.

On their way home, she made him take her to the pharmacy to buy medicine for the flu. At the time it was flu season and many of they're friends were sick, Emmet was one of the victims just last week.

He at first insisted that she go back to they're an apartment and have him go pick up some medicine, but she was firm about going. She's always been independent and never had people do favors for her, occasionally making exemptions for her husband, so she went with Emmet to the pharmacy.

Once they got there, Emmet complained that he will just be strolling through the candy aisle hopelessly looking at all the goodies

Lucy rolled her eyed at Emmets childness and told him he can have two pieces. He immediately booked it towards the aisle of sweets.

She talked to the pharmacist about medicine, explained her spilling her guts out earlier and how she believed for it to be the flu.

However, the pharmacist told her that she doesn't look flustered or sick and that it didn't seem like the flu.

At first, Lucy assured that it was the flu until she glanced to the left to see a shelf of pregnancy tests.

She slowly walked up to the shelf and picked up the pink box.

She then remembered talking to Wonder Woman earlier before the meeting. The warrior princess was on her time of the month and Lucy was surprised by how well she handled it with no painkillers. She mentioned that she actually a week late but didn't think much of it.

As Lucy went to check out, her skippy husband ran back before she paid and handed her a big bear-shaped container filled with millions of tiny gummy bears and a chocolate bar.

"Emmet what the hell...", Lucy said til her husband interrupted her saying, "The bear counts as one".

As they walked home Emmet gobbled up the gummy bears while his wife just walked with her arms locked and crossed. She was as quiet as a mouse.

The minute they walked into their apartment, Lucy tells emmet she needs to use the bathroom, "all right, I'll leave you out a change of clothes and food once you're done, call me if you need help" he calls out. But Lucy already was in the bathroom before he could finish his sentence, but she heard him.

Emmet went to put away his candy and headed to their bedroom to layout Lucy's pajamas and made the bed. Being the loving husband he is, he also went to make chicken noodle soup and some warm decaf black coffee.

A few minutes later, Lucy walks out with wide eyes and arms locked together. She saw emmet preparing food for her.

"Um, babe?"

"Yeah?"

Lucy hesitantly strolled up to her husband.

"I um, gonna have to turn down the coffee" she nervously said.

"Oh um, whys that?" Emmet asked curiously, not aware of his wife's shocked expression.

"Because, umm." Lucy closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Emmet takes notice of this.

"Lucy, what's wrong?"

"It's just um...You shouldn't drink coffee when you're pregnant"

"Well technically, you can't have caffeine an-" Emmet stops when he finally puts two and two together.

"Wait" emmet covers his mouth in shock and gasps.

"Are you saying your..?"

Lucy handed him the pink and while stick that read "positive". It even added a smiley face to add emotion.

Emmet's eyes begin to water and he picks up Lucy by the waist and spins her around.

"YEHAAA MY WIFE IS PREEEGNANNNTTT" he shouts with pride and glee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Lucy recalled the joyful memories of their 'surprise', she turns her head to her sleeping husband and smiles.

She suddenly felt hungry and craved for a Thanksgiving feast, but couldn't even sit up properly anymore due to the large bump. Now every time she tries to sit or stand up, she feels like a helpless turtle.

So she lifted up her hand placed it on her husband's clothed shoulder, shaking it to wake him up.

"Hmm," emmet stirs and smiles sleepily at his wife.

"Whaa...you need something Lucy," he groggily asks.

Lucy guilty smiles at him.

"Babe, I know it's 3 AM, but can you please get me something?", She whispered with a yawn.

"Hmm all right," Emmet tiredly said as he sat up and walked out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helwoo Peps!!!

I'd love to give a big thanks again to my friend, @theswedishminifigure for both heavily supporting me and giving me the title idea for this story!!!

So if you enjoyed this story, I'll be glad to tell you that there will be more of this 'series' to come later on. But i will need ideas and tips, so pls give me some in the comments and I'll give you a shoutout as well!! <3

Peace out,

AngiePresto14