Quotes

Y'all I was reading about World War Two and I found these quotes at the bottom of the page and they are very important.

Quotes about war....

"War grows out of the desire of the individual to gain advantage at the expense of his fellow man."

--Napoleon Hill

"We have failed to grasp the fact that mankind is becoming a single unit, and that for a unit to fight against itself is suicide."

--Havelock Ellis

'Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."

--Mao Tse-Tung (1893 - 1976)

"I'm fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to die in."

--George McGovern

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."

--Joseph Stalin

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.

--Voltaire, War

In war, truth is the first casualty.

-- Aeschylus

"The ability and inclination to use physical strength is no indication of bravery or tenacity to life. The greatest cowards are often the greatest bullies. Nothing is cheaper and more common than physical bravery."

--Clarence Darrow, Resist Not Evil

"The victor will never be asked if he told the truth."

--Adolf Hitler

"To walk through the ruined cities of Germany is to feel an actual doubt about the continuity of civilization."

--George Orwell

"Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country."

--Bertrand Russell

Men are at war with each other because each man is at war with himself.

--Francis Meehan

Link!:

https://pictureshistory.blogspot.com/2010/07/battle-of-rostov-ww2.html

If you're interested the site has a lot of pictures from WWII and I think some other wars too plus a lot of informations.