Chapter 1

In the Kingdom of Avalor, Elena sits in her room filling her bag with items she needed for the trip. As she was finishing up, she heard a knock on her door; "Come in." her abuela opens the door and walks in. "Mija, are you ready?" she asks, "Yes abuela, I double checked to make sure I have everything." Elena smiles to herself, she had always wanted to bring her entire family to a kingdom, and her friends. That meant Naomi, Mateo, and Gabe were coming along with her as well. She walks down the hall and sees her family and friends waiting for her. "Elena, are you excited just as I am?" Isabel asks Elena, she smiles down at her younger sister, "Of course, and I get to experience it with all of you!" Gabe walks to her side, "We're excited too, we finally get to all go with you, it's been so long." They open the doors to outside and see two carriages awaiting for them. Elena, Isabel, Luisa and Francisco take one, while Esteban, Naomi, Mateo and Gabe take the other. Once they get in, the carriages take them down to the docks.

        "How do you think they will be when we meet them Elena?" Isabel asked. Elena looks at her sister, "I'm not sure Isa, but I heard this kingdom only has one member of the royal family left as their ruler." Luisa gives her a concerned look; "Really? It must be really stressful for them." "Si, but whoever they are, they must be really patient with all that work." Francisco says. Elena leans her head against the window with a worried look on her face, "Elena, what's wrong mija?" Her grandmother asks. "I don't know how hard it must be for them, they probably have been doing all that work alone for such a long time." Luisa puts her hand ontop of hers and gives her a reassuring smile, "Don't worry mija, I'm sure that they are strong enough." Elena smiles at her, "Thank you abuela."

  Switch POV (Esteban)

         "What do you think Esteban?" I turn my head to where Mateo was with a questioning look. "About what?" I asked, "We were discussing how they will be when we meet them." Gabe tells me, I thought to myself as I put my hand on my chin. "They'll probably be very welcoming, and a bit like Elena." I then heard Naomi; "I've heard that they are the only one left of the royal family." I give her a questioning look, "Really? How can they do all the work by them self?" I asked her. "Esteban it's alright, whoever they are, they must be hardworking and patient." Mateo tells me. "I hope so too." I sigh and look out the window.

Switch POV
       Once the carriages arrived at the docks, Elena comes out of the carriage and looks up at the boat. Naomi hops out and breathes in the ocean smell, "Ahh, how I've missed that salty smell of the sea." Once everyone gets off and takes their stuff down, Naomi looks up to see her parents. "Hi mom, hi dad!" She waves to them, "Hello Naomi!" Mrs. Turner gets down from the boat, alongside her was Mr. Turner. "Hi Naomi!" Mrs. Turner walks to her daughter and hugs her, "Are all of you ready to go?" She asks as she pulls away from her. "Hi Mrs. Turner, we're all ready." Mr. Turner walks near his daughter, "Come aboard, I'll help you with your things." He says as he grabs a bag, "Oh, you don't have to do that." Elena stops him, "No, it's fine I can carry it." Meanwhile, three mysterious figures watch from afar; "There they are, now all we have to do is sneak onto that boat." a deep voice says, "But how will we board the boat without getting caught?" a higher voice asks. Just when the last person boards the ship, the crew starts carrying in crates onto the ship, "There, now's our chance." the deep voice said. They quickly sneak up onto the ship and hide behind some crates. "We made it, all we have to do is stay low until the boat stops."