Chapter 8

3rd POV

Once they had arrived to the castle, Nikolas was basically bouncing up and down from excitement. "Welcome back everyone! I'm guessing you all enjoyed the tour, come in, I have prepared lunch for you!" Nikolas strutted inside with joy while Marcela stayed behind. She walks down and opens the carriage door for Elena's family and waited for them to all get off. Once done, she closes the door and walks to Anita's carriage. Antonio walks outs and leaves the door open for everyone to get off as well. "Did you all have a good time?" Marcela asks Antonio, "Did yOu aLl hAvE a GoOd tiMe?" Antonio mockingly repeats to Marcela, making the guard crack a smile and let out a chuckle. "Shut up with that, you're so childish." 

Switch to Esteban 

I glance at where Marcela and Antonio were, seeing them trying to hold in their laughter and exchanging funny looks at each other. Anita comes down and says something to them which causes Antonio to burst out in laughter while Marcela turns her back towards them and starts shaking. Anita softly shakes her head and walks towards the stairs, I quickly turn my gaze away and feel my face get warm again. 'Why is she making me feel like this!?'  I quicken my pace until I caught up to Elena. "Esteban,are you alright? You're really red." I hear her ask me. I didn't realize how red I am, as we headed to the dining hall, I saw Marcela and Antonio of the corner of my eye. They were fooling around and silently laughing, it makes me wonder if they have been a couple for a while. My thoughts were interrupted once we walked into the dining room, our lunch was placed on the table, making everyone else feel extremely hungry once we saw it. We took our seats and prepared to eat. 

Later

After enjoying our lunch, I walked to my room and noticed something odd. My door was slightly opened, I'm pretty sure I closed my door. I entered my room and checked around to see if anything was misplaced, but I found nothing. As closed my door, I heard a quiet sound behind me. I quickly turned my head back wondering what that noise was, I heard it again but from under the bed. I checked underneath only to be met with a pair of violet eyes staring back at me, upon further inspection, I had realized it was a cat. "Hello, how did you get in here?" The small bundle of fur meowed back again and crawled out from the bed. Looking up at me, it titled it's head wondering who I am. I stuck my hand out to it, waiting to see if it will nudge against my palm. It sniffed at my hand and quickly warmed up to me, pressing its head against my palm and purring loudly. I stood up from my spot and it continued to nudge itself against my leg, I smiled softly at it and I heard a familiar voice. "Brigida, where are you?" Anita's soft voice resonates within the hallway. I looked back at the cat, assuming her name is Brigida, she struts to the door and meows loud enough for her to hear and looks at me waiting to open the door for her. I walk to the door and open it only to meet Anita's gaze again. "I was about to knock on your door, but you seem to have beat me to it." She smiles at me, I let out a quiet chuckle and feel my body become frozen. Brigida comes out from the room and meows up at her, "Brigida! There you are, how did you get in here?" She scoops up Brigida into her arms and smiles at her. "I'm assuming you've already met Brigida, I'm sorry that she snuck into your room." "Oh not at all, she wasn't a bother." She gives a smile to me again, making my heart skip a beat. "Oh, well thank you for not being rude to her, most of my guests before have acted that way towards her before." I reassure her and tell her it was alright. Anita smiles at me again and walks off to her room, placing a small kiss onto Brigida's head. I close the door and run my hand through my hair, "Stop being jealous, she's just a cat and you're not even close to her." I tell myself, I decided to distract myself by reading a book instead.