Chapter 6.5

Chapter 6.5

Sugawara Kayano x Kageyama Tobio

Tobio POV

“Tobio-kun! I heard that Kayano-chan fainted!” I immediately stood up from my seat.

“Where is she?!”

“In the infirmary.” I ran to the nurse’s office immediately with Yui behind me.

-----------------------

“Kayano! Are you alright!?” I shouted when I opened the door. I probably shocked her due to her reaction.

“Tobio…yeah I’m alright…” If she was alright she wouldn’t have fainted. If she was alright she wouldn’t be in the infirmary.

“Kayano-chan! What happened?” Yui said.

“She just had a lack of sleep.” The nurse replied.

“Yui, could you leave us alone for a while? We need to talk” I walked towards Kayano and sat on the chair placed beside her bed.

“Tobio, even though you needed to talk to me, shouldn’t you have said it in a nicer way?” She’s being like that again. She thinks I am clueless about what she’s trying to do. She’s trying to get me and Yui together and that honestly pissed me off.

“I’ll just go straight to the point okay?” I said. I had no time to spare.

“Straight to the point?”

“Honestly, do you have something for Tsukishima?” I said. Her eyes widened, I didn’t know whether that was a yes or a no.

“What makes you think so? Just because I started talking to him?” She replied. I got annoyed.

“Yes or no?”

“He’s just a…friend.” Just a friend? Since when they were friends? The door opened and we turned around to find Tsukishima standing at the door. What a timing.

“Tsukishima-kun…”

“You feeling better?” He replied Kayano and passed her a bottle of water. My guess was that he brought her to the infirmary.

“By the ways, I heard everything.” He said, looking at me.

“So?” I couldn’t stand Tsukishima at all. We don’t get along, we were meant to hate each other.

 “Even though Kayano doesn’t like me, I’m still able to snatch her away from you, King of the Court.” Kayano? Since when were they so close? And he’s addressing me with that name again. I hate it.

“What do you mean?” I said and glared at him.

“What I’m saying is, I like this girl.”  He grabbed Kayano and hugged her. I nearly jumped out and punched him.

“Get away from her!” I shouted. Everytime I saw Tsukishima and Kayano together, it gets on my nerve, only because I know that Tsukishima would hurt Kayano, and I will never allow that.

“But you’re not her boyfriend or anything, why should I listen? Unless, you like her too?”  Like? What is he talking about. I like Kayano? No way, since I’m only doing this because I’m…because I’m her friend, though one part of my mind rejected that.

“I-I’m not sure…” I really didn’t know how to reply. I wasn’t sure of my feelings, my feelings towards Kayano. I looked at Kayano’s face and it looked like she was going to cry anytime soon. It pained me.

“Kayano…” I said, reaching out for her. She backed away. I had a shock.

“Tobio, sorry but I’m feeling tired so, could you get out? And Tsukishima-kun, thank you for telling me your feelings, but I’m unsure now, so I’ll respond another time. Thank you for bringing me here.” Kayano rejected me for the first time. I looked over at Tsukishima and saw him blushing slightly at Kayano. I got pissed and stomped out of the room. Yui stood outside.

“Tobio-kun…what did yo-”

“Sorry Yui, I’m going home first.” I walked off. At this rate, I wouldn’t be shocked if Kayano liked Tsukishima, and I’m pissed at that thought. But I didn’t know why, why would I be pissed? Is it because I hate Tsukishima so much? Or is it for some other reason? Argh!! I’m just so confused now…