Chapter 1: King Crook Jaw

A colonizing ship sails through a massive storm, it's flag waving wildly in the wind. The flag nearly tears itself from the top of the mast.

On the deck, several mamono struggle to keep the ship on the right course

On the deck, several mamono struggle to keep the ship on the right course. The Demon Lord, along with her many daughters and husband, aid the crew. Soon, Primarina, the wolf elf hybrid archer, spots land in the distance after a flash of lightning.

"I see land!"

"That must be it! Keep it steady! We must reach the island!"

But as soon as they near the shores of the island, the storm just... dissipates. The crew raises the sails as they approach, and they soon drop the anchor. They lower the rowboat and slowly make their way to the shore.

"Remember, we don't know what could be living on this island, so be on guard."

As if on cue, a sudden roar pierces the air. It's strange and almost Dragon like, except... different. The mamono all draw their respective weapons. But soon, a little pterosaur flies up to them and lands at their feet, staring up at the newcomers. Another creature follows, almost chicken size, it screeches as it chases the pterosaur. Not before loud footfalls announce the presence of another creature. But to their surprise, a humanoid figure steps out of the brush. The fact that the humanoid figure was completely shirtless, and had the build of a male, they can only assume he's male. Strange scaly bird like feet replace normal human feet. His entire forearm is covered with scaled, and his hands have three digits each, each finger ending with a curved claw. A long tail swings behind the man. He seems to be scanning the ground, as if looking for something. When the Demon Lord clears her throat to get his attention, he looks up making them gasp when they see his disfigured face.

A bad scar runs over his lip, where part of his face dips slightly. He also has underbite, several large pointy teeth sticking out haphazardly from his mouth. Other than that, he could be called white handsome. Gentle forest green eyes, and a gentle expression.

He stares at the group before him, before shifting his jaw to a more centered position, slightly disturbing to the women and two males before him

"What a surprise. Mamono from the mainland. May you please state your business? And who you are?"

"Greetings, native of this island. I am the Demon Lord, and these are my daughters and most faithful helpers. We have come to colonize this land, but seeing as this place already has inhabitants, we can scrap that plan. And who are you?"

"I go by many names. But my true name is Crook Jaw, king of the Jurassic Kingdom."

"Jurassic Kingdom?"

"Long ago, before we became what we are today, we were massive lizard like creatures. We all evolved at different times, and when we became mamono, we named our new kingdoms after those periods when those species evolved. We maintain good relationships and trade, and we work together to solve another kingdoms problems. We call it the Era Alliance. I am the king of the Jurassic, my good friend Dondus the T. rex, is king of the Cretaceous. His bride is Sual the Spinosaurus, although larger than him, which is the usual way we decide our rulers in our systems but there is sometime other factors like a popular vote. He won that, as he was kind and supportive, but but they're both that way, so I guess it's also because he was more famous, having squashed several rebellions years ago. And finally the smallest, but smartest, is another good friend called Acason, a Coelophysis, is king of the Triassic, the beginning era of the whole dinosaur species. He's also extremely cunning and philosophical. Don't try to play mind games with him."

"Interesting. But why have you not tried to go out and explore?"

"Leave the island? We have not the need to leave the island. It has everything we need, and the storm protects us from aggressive invaders. The only reason you stand here right now is because of that enchanted storm that surrounds the island. There were these humans that also managed to get here, but they were planning to take over, so I restrained them."

"Who sent them?"

"They call themselves...

the Order?"