Livia

Livia watched in horror as her friend dissolved into insanity, shocked by how far the Phantom had gone, how mentally unstable Hazel had become.
Turning away from her friend, who had gone back to rocking back and forth and muttering to herself, Livia got up and started tidying up their campsite.

Grand joined her not long after she got up, giving her a small hug without saying a word, offering emotional support despite the lack of verbal support.

A tiny spark ignited in her blood when his lips brushed against her cheek- "She'll get better." he whispered, taking her hand in his. She looked in his eyes as a tear traced down her nose. "Are you sure?" she asked, glancing involuntarily at her friend, who was now gazing off into the distance and shaking her head with a crazed look in her eye.

He let go of her hand and cupped her face, tilting her chin to his face, bringing his lips to hers.

The spark that had been born just seconds ago erupted into a bright flame as their lips connected, warmth spreading through her fingertips, heat crawling across her cheeks as embarrassment at her first kiss with a boy took place with somebody she'd known for only days; she closed her eyes and enjoyed the moment, realizing how she had longed for this secretly, pushing away the nervousness and surprise that coursed through her body.

Grand broke away, mouth already forming an apology.
She placed a finger on his mouth and shushed him- "No," she murmured, eyes glittering, "I needed that."

A small smile wrinkled the corners of her eyes and she turned away.
"I don't exactly have Google with me, I don-"
"What's Google?" Grand interrupted, confusion cocking his head.

"What's Google? How long have you been here?" Livia stared at the boy.

He shook his head- "Time is different here."
"When were you born?"
"1990," Grand said, "I came to this world in 1995. What year is it on Earth?"

It felt strange how he said 'on Earth', like they weren't on Earth- but if we aren't on Earth, where are we? Even stranger, Grand had grown up here- he found himself here when he was 5 years old.

"It's 2011, last I checked," Livia replied, "But if time is different, it could be 2012 or 2013 for all I know."
Grand shook his head again, blushing a little. "God, it feels so odd. But anyway, what is this thing you call 'Google'?"

Livia blinked, trying to come up with the best way to describe it.

"Google is.. It's a website you use on the computer and phone to search anything you want." she decided.

Still looking a bit confused, he just nodded and picked up a few twigs, throwing them in the woods.

Sighing, Livia tidied up their dinner.

"Livia?"
The girl jumped a little but put on a kind expression and turned.

"Yes, Hazel?"
"I'm sorry.. I need to get a better control over myself."
Livia pursed her lips and thought for a good response. "It's not your fault," she finally said, after a couple moments, "It's the phantom's doing."

Hazel sighed and absentmindedly ran her fingers down her leg, but stopped when she felt the herbs; she began combing them through her thick and tangled hair instead.

"I shouldn't just sit here and do nothing though- I want to help."
Livia glanced at Grand, who was still blushing a little.

"Is there anything she can do?" He looked thoughtful for a moment and replied, turning to Hazel, "You could weave together some flexible branches and make more plates."
He tossed her branches he had gathered earlier and, showing her how to weave the branches, left her be.

Wishing she could help someway, Livia glanced at Hazel who was so focused on her task, weaving twigs here and there, her fingers flying, and shook her head.

I don't know how to help you, but I wish I could anyway I can.