The Gotham Getaways: Vol. 1

Barley Out Alive

January 3rd, 2017

   One day near Private Eye Joan Bet's building on my way home from work, I could sense something peculiar was happening. In the midst, I observed vines seeping out of the 2 main front windows; like slime oozing onto the floor of a haunted house. I felt the urge to report on the fascinating scene falling in action, and I let my impulses guide me into one of my most dangerous, unintentional incidents that will be for at least a year. From my observant eyes & glimpse, I could see Poison Ivy; growing vines around herself as a forcefield from what looked like sodium gun ammo.

   Harley Quinn was whacking these little metalloid monsters into shards of gold, silver, emeralds, and rubies. When I saw black cat ears on the hood of a leather-jumpsuit, I also knew that was Catwoman; lashing out her matching dark black whip against  the odd metalloid creatures. The Gotham City Sirens were at it again! Only this time, they're putting Gotham first. Lena Luthor was armed and armored in an at least 19-foot robotic suit, which shot out purple and green kryptonite beams, which resulted in not affecting Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn or Catwoman.

   I doubt that I could somehow manage to interview one of the heroes fearless as a Black Bear in a moment of crisis like this. I'm afraid by staying too long, the building would begin growing unstable; with me crumbling down inside. The risk of my news and qualifications could be a distraction in the fight; getting involved would be too much of a burden on them, I'd think as well. So instead, I've decided to take more notes as the aggressive fight goes on:

The three stick very close together, yet distant while fighting
Poison Ivy has been accused of using her powers best on men, but since none were around, I could see the feline-fierce qualities in her earth-friendly & powerful fighting style regardless.
Each member has their own backup skills besides the work/weapons they are known for using.
   While slightly leaning on one of the poles the keeps the ceiling- the ceiling, I have gotten to hear miniscule crumbling of small rocks and wrinkled parts of the birch wooden planks which compose the tall as a statue pole. Luthor seems to be pressing a sort of button on the right arm of this robot suit. She is most likely calling in reinforcements at the moment. The metalloid creatures were following a leader which looked like one of them. But instead of realistic metalloid colors, the leader's colors were purple and green.

   I suspect this is Luthor and her brother's precise taste in colors. Finding the words to describe the incomplete yet highly unexpressed worry and curiosity I feel challenges my writing skill. The challenging-condition applies to my sharp articulacy in putting words together for crafting accurate and grammatically correct sentences as well. Now not only do I feel the stress of addressing spot-on describing, I also sense the fight's intensity increasing within about even few minutes passing by on the occasion.

As I continue observing and making my blue Papermate pen dance, I suddenly feel a tickling tap on my shoulder. "Are you coming or what? Harl, this girl is not paying attention to any of the words coming out of my mouth." I turn around to see Poison Ivy consult with Harley Quinn while dodging Lena's beams and lasers that miss by an inch every time. "Ives, Don't 'cha worry, I'm sure the little writer's gonna follow us soon enough!" Harley chuckled with a joyful & frightening jokester look on her face.

   Do I follow or not? They are villains. My conscience assumably caught my inner fangirl emerging as ash from a agitated volcano would. On the inside, I squeal with glee at my favorite Gotham deuteragonists' invitation to save me from harm's way.I take a deep breath, trustingly allow Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, and Catwoman to grab my hands. I eye up in the bustling skyline and realize: that we barely made it out alive...