When you turn off your TV

Little Note

Ever Since I started drawing and writing about Mabel and Danny's friendship and a Mabel Phantom.

I wanted to take my favorite Movie Wreck-it Ralph and make it into a story about Danny and Mabel.

Don't worry; I plan to change many things, a disclaimer. I don't own Danny Phantom or Gravity Falls or the storyline of Wreck-it Ralph; this is just for fun.

——————————-

Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the screen of every TV in the world? Whenever you see a rerun, it's actually just us, the cartoon characters, reenacting the same scene over and over again. It takes all of us, from Danny Phantom to Spongebob Squarepants, to bring the show to life. And once the episode ends, we retire to a night of fun in other shows that aren't currently airing. It's our little secret world behind the screen.

Danny's P.O.V

I am Danny Phantom, a teenage ghost from Nickelodeon. Despite being a part of the beloved cartoon world, my fellow characters and I rarely receive praise or even a simple thank you. Day in and day out, I reenact every line, every episode, every script. It can get pretty predictable, but it's all part of the job.

Our world works when our creators want us to act for a new episode. They demand perfection for the viewers and kids, leaving no room for surprises. Summoned to a room with multiple TVs showing different cartoons, we perform for children who judge us.

I've seen many cartoons come and go over the years. Some were canceled and left homeless and hungry, while others were removed due to programming errors that could permanently hurt the entire network. But for me, I live in a show called 'Danny Phantom,' created by Butch Hartman, whom I sometimes refer to as Dad.

Our creators have no idea that we are alive, and we prefer to keep it that way. Who knows what they would do if they found out? However, despite my role in the show, there are times when I feel underappreciated. I worry that kids don't like me because I act like a typical, jerk teenage ghost.

That night

I watched as everyone started leaving the room through my TV screen. It was quitting time for most cartoons, and all of our Cartoon Creators had gone home for the day.

"I I Alright, guys, Coast is Clear!" Clarence yelled from his TV, signaling that it was safe to leave.

Dib and Zim were in the middle of a heated argument when they heard him yell. "Thank god!" Zim said in relief, stopping the fight.

Dib then turned to Zim and asked, "Wanna head to the Candy Bar in 'Jimmy Neutron'?"

Zim replied, "Sure, as long as you're paying..." as they both walked off.

It's funny how all shows are connected through a port unseen by the human eye that leads outside the show to a place called TV Channel Central Station. It's like a secret meeting place for all Cartoon characters to have fun, meet up with friends, and even enjoy a meal they can't get in their own Show.

As I watched the ghosts pack up and leave my show from my window, I couldn't help but feel bored and depressed. I overheard their conversations about their after-work plans and the friends they were meeting tonight, but I couldn't bring myself to join them. It wasn't by choice though; my programming was specifically designed to make me hate and fight ghosts, thanks to my creator, Butch Hartman.