Chapter 3

Chapter 3

            Derek set Chrissie’s bag down and put his thumbs in his belt loops. “Cat got your tongue Chrissie?” Derek smiled at her. “You like you’ve just seen a ghost…”

            Chrissie looked at him and tried to speak, but still nothing would come out. Her mouth was opening and closing, but still nothing came out. She probably looked like a fish.

            After a couple of minutes of just watching Chrissie constantly opening and closing her mouth Derek spoke up. “Are you okay? You keep opening and closing your mouth, but nothing is coming out of it.”

            She couldn’t help but think, Gee thanks captain obvious…now would you please stop staring at me!

            “I guess we should get going then. We have to walk a little bit before we get to my truck.” Derek grabbed Chrissie bags and began walking away.

            Chrissie just stood there flabbergasted. It seemed that at the moment that’s all she could do.

            It took Chrissie a moment to get her feet to move and then she was practically running to catch up to Derek.

            How in the heck can he walk so fast? She thought to herself.

            When Chrissie finally caught up to him he was smirking and silently laughing!He was laughing for goodness sakes!!! Chrissie could feel her temper rising. Who did he think he was laughing at her?!

            “Would you please stop laughing at me?” Chrissie immediately clapped her hand over her mouth when she realized she’d gotten her voice back. She hadn’t meant to be so frank with him or rude for that matter.

            He looked over at her and smiled his earth shattering smile. “I was in no such way laughing at you.”

            “Uh huh, sure you weren’t and my name must note be Chrissie.” And there she went being rude again. She wanted to smack herself in the face.

            “We’ll if you’re name’s not Chrissie then what is it?” Derek knew exactly what he was doing. He was try to get her riled up.

            Chrissie stopped walking and turned to look at Derek. “I know what you’re doing and I’m not going to give you the satisfaction of seeing me angry.”

            “Ah, but you’re so cute when you’re angry.”

            “Uh… uh…” Dang it now he had her all flustered and she didn’t like being flustered.

            “I see the cat got your tongue again. Let’s start walking again. I still have to get back to work.” Derek started walking again and had to drag a blubbering Chrissie along again.

*****

            After a couple more minutes they exited the airport and made their way to the parking garage. They walked down a couple flights of stairs in the garage and then Derek had them at his truck.

            Chrissie stopped a few feet away from it and her jaw dropped. It was truly a country boys truck. It was lifted with huge tires. There were lights on the top and a towing cable on the front. Not mention there were Real tree window decals all over the back window.