#10

Joey walked with Corey to his car, then separated himself long enough to get in and fasten his seatbelt.

“So, where are we going?” he asked idly, looking at Corey, who shrugged.

“No idea,” he said, hands gripping the steering wheel tightly. Joey sighed and reached over, running his fingers over one of Corey’s clenched hands and up his arms, almost making the older boy shiver.

“Let’s go to my place and clean you up,” Joey offered. “My mom won’t be there, don’t worry.”

Corey was going to disagree, but he really couldn’t find a reason as to why. Sighing, he nodded solemnly and Joey sat back as he started the car.

Neither said a single word during the drive. Joey stared idly out the window for most of the ride, then turned to study Corey, who to him was a much more interesting subject.

Corey didn’t seem to notice, that or he didn’t care. Joey watched the way his hands clenched the steering wheel, how tense his arms looked, seemingly locked into position. Gradually his gaze traveled up to Corey’s face, usually set in a stoic expression, but not now. His brows were slightly furrowed, mouth clenched shut. And those blue eyes, why they were wild, but not in their usually sense. Them seemed to be burning.

Joey reached down and let his hand rest on Corey’s knee, then slid half way up his thigh. Corey’s eyes looked at him through their corners, and Joey smiled at him, squeezing his thigh gently.

Corey had to smile.

He pulled into the now quite familiar apartment complex and the two got out and walked up to the apartment. Joey unlocked the door and they walked in, Joey locking it again behind them.

Joey led Corey to his room and they sat on his bed. Corey looked around, having never been in Joey’s room before. The walls were a light shade of blue-gray, with various movie and band posters adorning the wall.

He looked back at Joey, who seemed to be studying him intently. “What?”

“Take your shirt off.”

Corey’s eye widened and he stared at Joey openly. “What?”

“Take it off. I wanna see what he did to you.” Corey sighed, but instead of fighting it pulled his shirt off and set it next to him.

Joey got on his knees and leaned forward, grabbing Corey’s shoulders and guiding him down until he was laying on his back on Joey’s bed. A little confused, Corey was going to question Joey again when he heard the smaller boy gasp.

“My God, that fucker!” Joey straddled Corey’s hips and leaned down, fingers running over the large bruise forming on his side. Corey inhaled sharply; unaware of how much it actually hurt until Joey was touching it. Joey finger’s trailed up Corey’s side lightly, felt his tense muscles, then leaned over him.

Joey braced himself with one hand and reached up with the other, fingers tracing over Corey’s temple, a bruise having formed there too. Again, Corey inhaled sharply.

“Poor baby,” Joey whispered, leaning down and kissing Corey’s forehead, then the bridge of his nose, then his split lip very lightly so as not to start the bleeding again. “I’m going to make everything feel better.”

Corey watched as Joey moved off him, then heard him say, “Roll over on your stomach.”

Thought confused, Corey complied and rolled over, one arm folded under his head, the other left bent, his hand brushing over Joey’s blanket.

“What are you going to do?” Corey asked, still confused, but intrigued. Joey smiled and got onto of Corey, sitting on his butt, and tucked some of his hair behind his ear.