𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮: 𝓞𝓬𝓽𝓸𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

Richie Tozier had no idea that on October fourteen, 1992 on a Wednesday night would be the last time he say Beverly Marsh.

When she crawled through his window and stared down as he lay there sleeping peacefully for the last time in a long time as she shook him awake.

"Richie, Richie god damn it get up!" She whispered shaking his shoulders.

Richie began to wake up as a single tear fell onto his face.

"Bev?" He asked groggily, "what? What are you doing here?"

She wiped her face and closed the window and then the curtains.

"I need to tell you something." She whispered so soft Richie could barely hear. Even thought she knew she didn't have to whisper, his parents weren't there much.

"What is it?" Richie said getting up and attempting to fix his messy hair.

She swallowed hard and didn't say anything for a few seconds.

"Beverly?"

"Do you want to smoke?" She asked clearer this time.

He gave her a double look, "Sure Bev, is that all you wanted?" She seemed to hesitate before saying, "Yeah, Rich that's it."

He went over to his desk and unlocked a small little box where he kept his cigarettes. He grabbed a pack and walked over to Beverly.

"Here," He said passing her a cigarette. She gave him a quick small smile before lighting hers.

He lit his and slowly breathed it in before puffing it back out. "Do you need to spend the night?" He asked putting a hand on her knee.

She exhaled, watching as the smoke left her body and created a small cloud before disappearing right before her eyes.

"Yes please." She spoke softly. Richie had known from the beginning something was wrong, but he wasn't gonna pressure her to tell him, she would come around. She always did.

Richie nodded and rubbed her back as she laid her head on his shoulder. She traced her long black nail on his hand.

They sat like that for a while, in silence, just in comfort of the company. Richie smiled at her, "You're really pretty Bev."

She smiled up at him, "No I'm not."
"Yes you are, you're like a freaking goddess!"
She gave him a weak laugh as he moved to his desk and took a polaroid picture of her without asking her.

"Hey, I could have posed." She said grabbing the photo.
"But see Bev, I want a picture of you as you are not a fake version of you."

She smiled and held the photo in her hand, she was giving Richie a big eyed look, and she look incredibly sad. She threw the photo onto the ground and closer her eyes as she laid in Richie's lap.

Richie had began to think she had fallen asleep when she spoke again, using her quiet voice again, "I need to do something before I spend the night."

"Do you want me to come with you?" He asked.  She started to nod, before shaking her head, "No it's okay Rich." She wrapped her arms around him, squeezing him just as Richie's mom had when she told him she was going to the store, but the store must have been a really long ways away because it took her a whole year to come back.