Chapter One

(UNEDITED; I hope you enjoy HCTS. Comment, vote, and share. I will post weekly)

There are five stages of grief: Denial and solitude; Anger; Bargaining; Depression; Acceptance. "Not everyone who are grieving doesn't go through the stages in the same order or experience all of them." Dr. Moore explained during our session. I was in Denial and solitude; that was what Dr. Moore informed me anyway.

"Alexander," She waved her smooth-manicured hand in front of me to grab my attention, and when I looked over at her she was writing something down on her yellow paper - The yellow notebook where she always writes my problems- which I don't have. "Alexander," She repeats my name like it was a foreign name. "I know things are tough right now. It can be difficult losing a loved one. But It's okay to admit that you are feeling depressed or..." She tries to find the words to convey without 'setting' me off. "It's okay to grieve, and therefore I'm here. I am here to help you." Dr. Moore gives me a reassuring smile, trying to solace me. I don't need sympathy, I thought to myself. I don't want to be here.

"I'm fine," I say.

"It's okay not to be okay," Dr. Moore furrowed her perfect shaped eyebrows as if there was something she wanted to tell me, but kept quiet.

"You tell me to open to you, but I see no point if I have nothing to open too."

I hated these sessions. It was always the same routine every single day in the same boring room. Dr. Moore had a small office which comprise having a wooden desk, a black worn out rolling chair, and a small blood-red couch was across the room, and it was where I sit. (And must I say it's not as comfortable as you'd think) She always asks the same questions, and I always return with the same answers.

"I know you don't like being here, Alexander," Incorrect. I loathed being here. "You won't ever feel better or at least back to your normal self if you don't cooperate with me. So it won't be waste a time on both of our behalves." She says. I guess she was right - in a way. My mom was paying a lot of money for these sessions, and it would upset her if I was wasting her money if I don't 'open' up. It was this or a facility that was like a jail.