Part 1: Starstruck

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

"Christ, fucking New York." you whisper, it was so ridiculously cold, you could swear you were greeting frostbite.  Your fingers were aching from carrying heavy bags of Christmas presents for your family and you were desperate to set them down somewhere. You spot a nearby bar and push the door open, only to see a large bouncer standing before you with his hand out.

"Entrance fee please." He demands in a baritone voice.

"Er, how much?" You ask, digging in your wallet. Entry fee, your ass, you were getting out of this cold if it was the last thing you did.

"Twenty-five bucks." He answers flatly. Why did bouncers always have to seem so emotionless and robotic? Whatever. You dig around in your pockets and hand him a couple of crumpled bills. "Keep the change." You sigh, slapping forty in his hand.

The bouncer nods and moves aside, letting you through. You drop your bags near your feet and order a shot of Tequila to warm up, the bass from the music flows through the stool you're on and through your body. You sway some to the music, tapping your foot on the floor below.

"I hate my weaknesses..... they make me who I am." A familiar voice croons. You furrow an eyebrow, wondering if that's who you think it is. You peek over the crowd and gasp, "Is that... Frank Iero?!?!" You cover your mouth when you hear how stupid you think you sounded, hoping no one noticed.

Thankfully the music is too loud and everyone continues dancing. You shake your head, your finger tracing circles on your shot glass, "No shit that's Frank Iero....you've only listened to that song a trillion times." You silently scold yourself.

You pick up your bags and try to move closer, peering over the heads of several people, when you see him, his mouth is so close to the microphone it's almost as if he's kissing it. You catch his eye and he winks at you. You recoil, a strong blush burning the top of your ears. You order another shot and down it before leaving the bar.

On your way out, you decide to get an Uber, You didn't want to take another step with the straps of those bags digging into your fingers. You sit on a nearby bench and light a cigarette, "Is that Frank Iero?" You ask aloud in a mocking tone, "Idiot." You scoff, taking a drag and blowing out a grey puff of smoke, watching intently as it fades against the crisp air.

Your moment is interrupted when you hear the bar door slam open, patrons leaving the venue, murmuring amongst themselves about the show. You turn to your phone and begin to track your Uber, when someone sits beside you.

"Got an extra smoke?" They ask. "Sure." You reply without a second thought, ..reaching into your purse, keeping your eyes down. "Here ya go." You hand a cigarette to the person and look down and see a tattooed hand. You freeze and look up only to see Frank sitting beside you.

"Hello." He says with a smile. You sit up and shove your phone into your coat pocket, "Ohmygod. It's- you're- holy shit, holy shit. You're Frank Iero." You stammer, trying not to freak out.

"And you are?" Frank laughs and reaches out to shake your hand. You reach for his hand and shake it daintily, "Y/N" you answer shyly. "Nice to meet you." He nods as if approving of your name.

"Likewise." You nod back, staring at him with eyes the size of dinner plates. Frank leans over and looks at your phone lighting up in your coat pocket.

"I think you got a few notifications, Y/N..." The way he says your name makes your heart jump into your throat. "Oh, uh," you take a few quick puffs of your cigarette and put it out, "That's my Uber, I gotta get going." You grab your bags, lifting yourself into a standing position.

"Where does that leave me?" Frank sighs and reaches to tug at your sleeve, his tone almost pleading. "Uh...with your band?" You pause for a moment, your brows knitted in confusion. "What if I wanna go with you?" Frank pulls you closer, resting his hands on your hips. "Just take me with you." Frank nibbles his lower lip, taking you in fully.

"We've just met and you already want to come home with me?" You ask, scanning his face to see if he's kidding, he's not. "Yea, that way we can get to know each other better. If that's okay with you.." Frank smirks, his finger gently tugging at your belt loop.

You shake your head in disbelief, 'Was he really asking to hang out? He barely knows my name and he's already putting the moves on me, unbelievable.' You sigh and motion for him to stand, "Alright, come on but be quick because the Uber will be here in five minutes." You say, while resisting the urge to roll your eyes. Frank smiles and stands, tugging you so close that the tips of your noses touch, "I'll be right back" he whispers. "What the fuck?" You whisper as he practically floats away, still unsure of what just happened. Frank emerges and slides an arm around your waist, You can't help but smile, this was definitely a dream come true.