Chapter 5: The Best of Me

Izuku opened his mouth in a wide yawn, he stayed up all night discussing with Uraraka their plans. Izuku was nervous, he wasn't sure if it would work. The plan was that they would get married, then while their parents are satisfied they would sneak off with their true significant other. Izuku couldn't shake off the uncertainty in his gut. Up ahead he saw Todoroki behind the drapes of a grand window. He ran over to Todoroki yelling out his name. "Hey! Todoroki!".

Todoroki looked over, his face covered in disdain as he turned away. Izuku stood in confusion as he face the ground with disappointment. He soon lifted his head to see Uraraka behind him.

"Good morning Izuku! Why so glum? Today's weather is most certainly beautiful" she said. Izuku nodded and smiled, "Surely it is" he swallowed a lump in his throat. "It's just, Todoroki seemed somewhat upset at me. Did I do something wrong?" Izuku asked.

Uraraka put a fist to her lips while she pondered. "Hmm, maybe he just didn't get enough sleep at night. You know how his father is" she said with a sigh. Izuku looked at her with curiosity.

"Actually I don't know, what's his father like?" he asked. Uraraka look at him with surprised. "You don't know? Well to sum it up his father trains him night and day, he's always been rough with him" Izuku stared at her, puzzled, how come he never knew this?

"Thanks Uraraka, anyways let's go to the dining hall, im famished" he said as they shared a laugh.

Once they got to the doors of the dining room, Izuku turned to see Bakugo talking one of the knights of the palace. The knights named was Kirishima, he had bright red hair and spiky teeth. From what Izuku heard he was half dragon, but it was merely a rumor. Kirishima looked over and noticed Izuku, he put up his hand to salute. "Your Majesty" he said.

Izuku giggled, "Kirishima you know you don't have to always say that, just call me Izuku" he said with a warm smile. Kirishima smiled with a small blush at the corner of his cheeks. Izuku smiled and waved goodbye. As they were walking in Bakugo crept up behind Izuku, making him jump in surprise.

"That Kirishima has a thing for you Deku" Bakugo said with a smirk. Izuku could feel his face light up. "N-n-no he doesn't! He's just a friend! Yeah a friend" he stuttered. Bakugo grunted and sat down. Izuku stared at him with confusion, but decided to ignore it.

He took a seat next to Uraraka and Prince Kanimari. Izuku greeted Kanimari with a nod, Kanimari returned with a smile. Izuku looked to Uraraka, she was fidgeting nervously under the table cloth. Izuku put his hand on hers to calm her down. She smiled gratefully as their attention was soon shifted over to the king who raised his glass.

"Thank you for all being here this fine morning, the gods have brought us delightful news!" he shouted with pride. His chest puffed up as he pointed his hand towards Izuku. "My prince is now married!" he hollered.

Shouts of congratulation and praise danced in the air. As Izuku sat in his chair embarrassed he turned to see Todoroki staring at him with a sadness he couldn't explain.

His expression leaved an impression on him the rest of the day. It still was fresh

in his mind as he was walking back to his room. He was almost to his room when he saw Bakugo come into view. Bakugo leaned against his door, with a serious expression wiped across his face.

"Kacchan? What are you doing?" he asked. Bakugo was silent as he slowly walked up to Izuku. He grabbed his arm, his grip was tight and painful. "Kacchan? What are you doing? You're hurting me" Izuku pleaded.

Bakugo turned around and stared at Izuku with an unreadable expression. "Come with me to my room. We need to talk" he said before dragging Izuku to his room and slamming the door shut.

Bakugo threw him on the bed harshly. Izuku groaned as he rubbed his back to ease the pain. Bakugo glared down at him with beady red eyes. Izuku gulped in fear and started to scooch backwards. Bakugo sighed and sat next to Izuku.

His eyes were glazed with an emotion Izuku couldn't explain, his face was lucid with his eyebrows easing back into place.

"I'll be blunt" he said making direct eye contact with Izuku. "I love you, it's hard for me to say since you love someone else now. It's hard for me knowing I threw away my chance with you may god forgive me for being such a klazomaniac".

He carefully lifted Izuku's hands are he held then softly in his palms. "I don't deserve you but you at least deserve to know my true feelings towards you" Bakugo leaned in and softly placed his lips on Izuku's forehead. As he backed away Izuku's face was in utter shock. He smiled, "give me this at least if you're going to marry that driggle-draggle of a woman".

Izuku was too stunned to say anything. The only thing he could do was cry, cry, and cry. "Kacchan i'm so sorry" he said. The amount of courage it took for him to say that ebbed at Izuku. To make it even worse he was lying to him. He was so strong while all Izuku could do was sit there and cry.