Chapter Two

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tara moved Chibs' head so she could see his face better in the light. "I still don't understand how you ended up with a black eye at Fawn's store."

Happy just snickered and ran a hand over his face as Jax laughed out loud. Once he got himself under control, he pointed at Chibs and smirked. "Freddie clocked him one."

Tara drew back in surprise. "Freddie has never been anything but nice. What did you do?"

Happy cleared his throat and tried to be serious, but failed miserably. Tara didn't think she'd ever seen him this animated. "He tried to physically block her from getting to the roof of Dawn's shop. She sucker-punched him to get him down to her level then socked him one right in the eye. It was beautiful. She might be my new best friend."

Fawn walked past Chibs and patted him on the back before giving Happy a look. "Ok, lay off of him. His heart was in the right place. He just didn't know what he was up against."

Chibs nodded in agreement as he blew out a breath. "She's a firecracker, I tell ye."

Fawn laughed as she sat down in Bobby's lap. Everyone was sitting around the clubhouse, too lazy to go home and fix dinner, so Gemma had ordered pizzas and they were still waiting for them to be delivered. Juice grinned as he walked past Chibs with a beer in hand. "Nah, man, she's a fucking pipebomb, but that's cool. If you can't handle her, just let me know."

Chibs reached out and snagged Juice's arm before he could get far. He smiled and nodded. "Juicy boy, just try it and you'll find out why I have the nickname that I do."

Juice turned pale as he gave that some thought, making Happy laugh again. Gemma looked up at the security monitor and sighed. "Pizza's here." She smirked as she watched the driver get out of their Jeep. "Hey Chibs, wanna take this one?"

He looked up and grinned as he stood up quickly. "Aye, I got this, Gem."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freddie got out of the car and walked up to the clubhouse with the stack of pizza boxes, silently praying that the Scot wouldn't be there. She'd made enough of a fool out of herself for one day. She didn't know what had gotten into her, if it was his take no prisoners attitude or the fact that she was attracted to him, but she'd gone for the jugular. 

She was used to people treating her a little differently because she was smaller than average, so she wasn't sure what it had been about him in particular that had set her off, but he had, and quickly. She'd seen him around town and knew who he was, but being in close proximity to him and that damn accent had done things inside her. She wasn't used to being pissed and turned on at the same time.

She muttered under her breath as she saw that her prayers were going to go unanswered. The Scot walked out the doors and she winced at the angry looking bruise around his eye. He still looked a little angry, causing her to bite her lip nervously. When he reached her, he took the boxes from her hands and nodded before turning back to the door. He stopped and turned back to her.

"Don't leave, lass. Stay right here."

She groaned under her breath as he walked back inside without another word, leaving her standing there. She decided to walk back to her car so if things got heated again, she could just light out. She leaned against her door and waited, seeing him come out again, lighting a cigarette as he walked her way. She blew out a breath as she nodded to him.

"Sorry about the face. I don't usually get that bent out of shape. I really don't know what happened."

She almost choked on a breath as he stepped close enough to lay a hand on the car door by her shoulder. With the height difference, she felt fenced in, something that normally would bother her, but for some reason, she felt protected when he did it. He leaned in and stooped down enough to look her directly in the eye.

"Aye, that's ok because I'm not sorry one bit." He winked at her before continuing. "Come in and have a drink, darlin."

Freddie looked at him and smirked. "Sooo... getting hit turns you on?" She shook her head. "I don't even know your name."

He chuckled. "Chibs, luv, and no, hitting doesn't turn me on, but you do. Come inside."

Freddie swallowed hard before shaking her head. "Can't. Working."

Chibs nodded. "Since when do you work for Marco?"

Freddie grinned. "I don't. His driver's wife went into labor. I just happened to be there eating."

Chibs sighed and shook his head. "So I'm being cockblocked by a pregnant woman."

Freddie looked at him with a lifted brow. "Boy, you presume a lot. Since when does a drink equal sex? Have I missed something in the dating rituals?"

Chibs smirked and shook his head as he lifted a hand to push a lock of hair behind her ear. "Are ye gonna lie and say ye don't feel this?"

Freddie bit her lip and nodded quickly. "Yup, that's exactly what I'm gonna do. Can I go now? I'm late."

Chibs sighed and pushed off of the car, letting her have breathing room. "Aye, I'll let ye go for now, but we're not done with this, luv."

Freddie, feeling more confident now that he didn't have her pressed against the car, reached out and patted him on the cheek before opening her door. "Nah, we're done. I don't have time for all that comes with you."

Chibs grinned and nodded, shutting the door for her. As she pulled out of the parking lot on squealing tires, he chuckled before lighting another cigarette. "No, we're not done at all."