Chapter 5: Putting In Overtime

A/N: Playlist: Work From Home (feat. Ty Dolla $ign) - Fifth Harmony & Honey - Mariah Carey

*Tha thu bóidheach = You're beautiful (in Scottish Gaelic according to Google)

Disclaimer: Sutter/FX own SOA

I left the station, fuming. I slammed my car door shut as I screeched the engine to life. I was unimpressed with the way the ATF agent conducted herself. Trying pry into my personal business was a gross misuse of her power. I called into the office and took the remainder of the day off. There was no way I'd be able to concentrate after an interaction like that.

As I made my way back to my house, I decided to make a stop at TM. I hadn't heard from Chibs since Friday night and I needed to relieve some stress. I pulled into the compound, finding it filled up with cars and Harleys. I didn't know Chibs' well enough to spot it out of the bunch, so I was going to have to think of something fast. It was Jackson who spotted me idling in the middle of the lane. He flicked his cigarette away and pushed off of the table, making his way over to me. I closed my eyes, thinking of an excuse for being here and opened them when Jackson leaned against my door.

"What's up, darlin'?" He smiled.

I gave a half-hearted laugh, "Oh I don't know. It's silly but I keep hearing this high pitch buzzing when I have the A/C on." At this point there were three more Sons staring at me and a Prospect starting to make his way over to us. I shook my head, "You know what... don't worry about it. It's probably nothing."

Jax waved his hand in dismissal of my comment, "Come out, we'll take a look."

I ground my teeth together, this was the worst idea I'd ever had. I sighed and opened the door, hopping out. Jackson brushed around me his side making contact with mine and his hand lingering on my hip. My eyes widened and I stared down at where his hand was. This was a strange development. Why was Jax all of sudden pushing up on me. I backed away from him, pretending like I hadn't noticed the subtle come on. Jax climbed in, leaning over the middle and toying with the fan controls. As he was messing around with the buttons, I heard the distinct footsteps of Gemma, as she approached.

She stood next to me, shading her eyes with one hand, "Everything alright here, baby?"

I shook my head, "I don't know. I think I'm just being paranoid."

Gemma graced me with a genuine smile, "Better to be safe than sorry."

I gave her a tense grin, still uneasy about being here. Jax ordered some tools from the Prospect and gave me a slight head nod, indicating that he'd fix my phantom issue. I gazed around the lot, trying to find a way to question Gemma without being obvious.

"Aren't there more Sons around here?" I shrugged, "Seems a bit empty today."

Gemma chuckled, "A few went up to visit another charter. Friends of friends."

"Oh." I uttered.

Gemma raised one eyebrow, "Why? You looking for someone?"

I gave her my best fake laugh, "Yeah right, Gem. You've met my father. How well do you think he's going to take me coming here for you guys to fix my car? Think of the destruction he'd cause if he thought I was dating a Son."

Gemma laughed along with me, agreeing that my father would kill anyone of these men if they tried to date me.

Jax jumped out of the car, clapping his hands together, "Doesn't seem like there's anything out of the ordinary happening."