Chapter 14: Stay With Me A Minute

A/N: Playlist: One Last Time – Ariana Grande & Look Alive – Rae Sremmurd

Disclaimer: Sutter/FX own SOA

I yawned, physically exhausted from the long day. I stared up the florescent lights recounting the events of the day. It started out fine, a little shopping with my best friend, then plummeted when I was harassed by a random Nazi, Chibs beating him to within an inch of his life, Gemma calling me under duress, interrupting Lowen's dinner, dragging her to the hospital and now leaning back in a chair waiting on Gemma. When did I become so wrapped up in the Sons of Anarchy? I'd spent the last thirty odd years without them even being a blip on my radar and now – all of a sudden – I was smack dab in the middle of their troubles. I was beginning to wonder who I actually was.

"Lacey?" Lowen called my name.

I glanced over, seeing that she and Gemma were both staring at me.

I blinked a few times before answering, "Yeah?"

Gemma gave me a tender smile, "Go get some coffee. Lowen and I are about done here. If you really want you can go home."

I shook my head, "I'll get a coffee and come right back. You two want anything?"

Lowen shook her head and Gemma mirrored her. I tilted my head and raised my eyebrows at Gemma. She was trying to make me leave. I rolled my eyes, it was probably about club business. I sighed and pulled myself out of my seat. I rolled my neck as I pulled the door open. I brushed through, muttering a hello to the new prospect and rubbed my eyes as I continued down the highway. I had no concept of what time it was but I was ready to curl into a ball beside the vending machine and sleep. I sniffed as I grabbed a Styrofoam cup, setting it beneath the Keurig and choosing the first coffee like pod I saw. I loaded the machine and pressed the button to start making the drink.

I stared at the tiny blue light, lost in a blank space, tapping my fingers along the top of the table. The sound of my nails hitting the surface created a numbing haze. My eyes glazed over while I waited. I continued to tap my fingers along, the sound echoing in my mind, slowing down and deepening. I zoned out, exhaustion and worry falling away from my mind.

"Lace?" I heard his voice call from somewhere beside me. 

I scoffed to myself. My mind was playing tricks on me in my sleep addled state. It was producing a near lifelike sound of the man I was craving. I startled out of my daze and reached for my coffee. I poured in one creamer and dumped a mountain of sugar into it. Nothing like coffee and sugar to give you a high. I turned, my gaze towards the floor and noticed a pair of scuffed brown boots facing me. I tilted my head to the side and followed the boots up the dark jeans. I swallowed when I reached the leather. I flicked my gaze to the rings and realized my mind wasn't playing tricks. I straightened my head and met Chibs' eyes. I could see his jaw clenched together, the subtle movement showing in his cheeks. We stared at one another for a long moment before he shifted. He lifted his hand to me in a tentative movement. I gulped as he neared, and finally he rested his hand against my cheek. A wave of shivers built at the base of my neck, settling over my shoulders and cascading down my body all the way to my toes. I wiggled them in my shoes, trying to shake the feeling away. I sighed into his touch, closing my eyes as I leaned my cheek into the palm of his hand. His presence warmed me. I tried to bring back to memory all the rules I set for myself but I didn't care. Not right now. I was quite happy to indulge myself in him. I dropped my cup onto the desk and lifted my empty hand to his, laying in on top. 

I felt as his other hand loosely wrapped around my neck tucking into my hair. I let out a small breath at the feeling and he pulled my face towards his. I kept my eyes closed, reveling in the smooth transition. His lips fit against mine and my body nearly gave out beneath me. I grabbed a hold of his cut, keeping him close. I raised onto my tiptoes, pushing myself into his embrace. It was gentle. It was warm. There was nothing fiery about this kiss. We were reacquainting ourselves with one another. Our heads tilted in a simultaneous movement in opposite directions. Another shiver took hold of me and I shuddered in his arms. His hands descended down my neck and sides, his fingers running along the hem of my shirt. We moved in unison, the flesh memory of our bodies surging forward. My body turned into an electric current, jolts of energy surging through me with each touch. Chibs' fingers hooked into the belt loops of my jeans, tugging me forward. The angle of my lower body shifting forced me to pull away. I frowned at the loss of contact. I placed both hands on Chibs' shoulders and stayed close. His breathing had a minor hitch to it. I inhaled deeply, my eyes locked on his.