3 - Whose the girl?

Colby Brock

I woke up with the most terrible hangover. Noticing I'm not even in my room. I remember the last thing that happened before I fell asleep. Having my hair being played with. I sit up and look around. I'm in one of the living rooms. I immediately smell breakfast and I sit up to see the girl I brought home making breakfast.

"Hey," she smiled at me then continued making the last of the pancakes and eggs.

"Everyone ate except for you and Jake," I nod as I take the plate thanking her then standing at the island eating my food how I like it. Liane was more of a Baker as well. Haha, Baker.

"So I'm assuming you forgot my name?" She asked after turning to me with two plates, one for I'm assuming Jake and the other for her.

"La...Layla?" I asked. I'm pretty that's what I remember from last night.

"Yeah. I'm going to take this to Jake then we'll talk," I nod as she heads upstairs with the plate of food and fresh orange juice for milk. How did she even do all this? Make breakfast for everyone in the house. Which is odd cause no girl has done that besides Liane or Amanda Elton's girlfriend.

"So explain the girl," Sam comes in grabbing a water from the fridge. Noticing the kitchen was clean and breakfast was made for everyone.

"She asked if I needed a ride home. Jake and I came home drunk," Sam nods as she comes downstairs with a smile on her face.

"I'm assuming you met Sam, my best friend?" She nodded with a smile.

"Yes, indeed," she goes and eats her breakfast. Well she had to walk into our life for a reason. Ever since Liane left, Devyn would complain here and there about the house not being clean. Layla had cleaned the entire house.

"How did the you get the pancakes and stuff from?" I asked her as I finished my breakfast taking my dish to the sink rinsing it.

"I took your car and paid myself? I'm not rude and I definitely will not take your money, Colby. Plus, your cute," she shrugs and continues to eat her food. She's the first girl I brought home and didn't sleep with. Jeez, maybe I am falling for Liane.

"I also need to get my car," she says kind of low probably hoping I didn't hear her.

"I will. Um... let me sober up and get ready," Layla... Layla what? It's blankly obvious she has no idea who we are. Which is probably why I'm risking it having her with us or over at our place. Was I really that drunk? I go upstairs getting the shower started and heading into my room grabbing a pair of ripped black jeans, a white t-shirt and my take chances hoodie. Then I fixed my hair and brushed my teeth. Headed downstairs to go find my shoes again.

I find them slipping them on. Noticing her leaning against my car staring at my mansion. She's not use to this place which is understandable. So I make sure I got my keys and close the door behind me. As I unlock the car both of us getting in.

"I'm not use to huge mansions," I chuckle at Layla as she admits this fact about her.

"I can tell. Buckle up," she nods as we both buckle our seat belts as I start the car waiting for the gate to open. I pull out of the driveway the gate automatically closing behind us. As I drive to the place where the party was. She tells me exactly where she had her car. It was still there thankfully. Los Angeles is a little sketchy.

"Thanks for the ride," I nod as we both sit there awkwardly. I pull out my phone putting it to contacts handing it to her. She smiles and instantly puts her number in with her name. Layla Collins. I call her phone and it rings. She saves mine as Colby Brock.

"I'll text you later," we hug as she gets out and gets into her car. Driving off, I stay in the parking thing for another minute or so. Maybe things will change and I'll get over Liane.