Part 21

Nicole

Nicole

I fly through Mythspire, carefully avoiding the old blood vault. We really need to take care of that garlic diffuser. I have no clue how we're going to do that, though. None of us can get anywhere near it.

A giant castle begins to appear through the fog. I fly to its entrance and change out of my bat form. "Mev?" I yell at the castle. "It's Nicole! Do you remember me?"

When no one replies, I yell again. "Mev!"

A voice comes from one of the towers, "Coming!" A bat swoops down to me, and moments later, Mev appears in front of me. "Nicole! How've you been?"

I smile. "I'm doing great! How 'bout you?"

He looks around his castle. "It's been pretty great. I've been working on this castle and a new blood vault."

My eyes widen. "I new blood vault? Where?"

"Follow me."

He leads me into the castle and down a spiral staircase. At the bottom of it is a little room with wolfsbane and a small hole in the wall. Mev turns into a bat and flies into the hole. I do the same, and we enter a much larger room. There are dozens of containers filled with blood lining the walls and bookcases filled with ancient writings.

As I turn back into my human form, I gasp, "This is amazing! We'll never run out of blood!"

Mev changes back as well. "Yeah, Mitch found out how to make an infinite amount blood," he says. "Have you met Mitch?"

I open my mouth to say yes, but then I remember that I'm not supposed to know him. "No, I haven't met him."

"I should introduce you to him. Speaking of being introduced to people, I met these two very strange gentlemen."

"Oh? What were they like?" I ask. I knew that Michael visited them. Who is the second person?

"One of them introduced themselves as 'the Devil' and helped us pay the werewolves a visit before he randomly left. Afterward, the werewolf town burned to the ground. I'm sure you heard about that. 

"The other was a fallen angel that told me about this blood magic thing that I'm starting to work on," he replies.

"Huh. I've heard about that Devil guy. He seems kinda nice. I'm not too sure about the fallen angel. He doesn't seem like he's with the werewolves or anything, so I guess he's okay."

"Well, thanks for the information and the visit, but I should really get back to work. You can come here more often if you would like."

"That'd be nice. I have some stuff to do as well. See ya soon?"

"Sounds good!" he says as we both change into bats, leave the blood vault, and fly our separate ways. "Bye Nicole! See you later!"

"Bye! Good luck with that blood magic!"