Chapter 6, part 1

Xenia Pov....

Something wasn’t right why was Xyon not connecting all the dots together. Why isn’t he attacking me? The only possible reason is that he really doesn’t know who I am nor does he remember my scent!

Xyon was standing beside the window and seemed deep in thought. I knew I had to do something to put him out of his misery but at the same time not giving away my identity, he truly looked worn out he must feel really guilty for intruding on my thoughts, not knowing that my thoughts had a mind of their own…

I went to stand beside him “you know it is also my fault as well” I said quietly. Xyon turned his head towards me slowly, “sorry I don’t follow you” he replied while frowning.
I sighed loudly, “it’s obvious that me being here in your room, bathroom, and bathtub and to top it all off being improperly dressed it’s bound to put ideas in both of our wolves and our heads” I said exasperatedly.

Xyon looked at me as if trying to figure something out. “Are you sure I don’t know you from somewhere” he asked me confused. I took in a deep breath to calm my nerves for it was no time to panic right now as it seems that he has no recollection of their previous encounter!

I looked him in the eye, forest green eyes clashing with icy blue ones

“I am sure. I don’t think we mingle in the same circles” I said with as much honesty as I could muster.

Xyon nodded “well, as much as this has been fun/awkward I think it’s best if you went back to your grandmother I don’t want her to panic nor do I want anyone to see you in the main house” he said with a hint possessiveness.  

I almost ran downstairs and went straight to the garden to get back my clothes and lucky for me I found them and not stuck somewhere near someone’s window or something. I took them and went to my room. Later that night I kept replaying everything that had happened today with Xyon and how both our wolves had clicked together especially his wolf had almost caught on her lie! I must be very careful next time, hell!  There should never be a next time. Thank Goddess no one else was there otherwise things would have just slipped way out of proportion. I changed into my clothes and sat on the bed.

Xyon Pov....

I couldn’t believe what was happening all I could do right now was think of the beautiful angel that had crept into my bathtub and stolen my breath away. I kept turning and tossing in my bed thinking of her and what had had transpired between the two of us.

But what really was confusing me to no ends was why in the world was my wolf on edge? And why did he want to go downstairs near her? I mean okay, she is very beautiful and everything but does that give him the right to think in such a manner especially this feeling of possessiveness that had taken over him, as if she belonged to Us!

Hell! Last time I checked we could never have a mate or have any conflicting feelings towards a she-wolf but this Mary was something else. I had heard many of my friends who had found their mates explain how it felt to find your mate but he was sure she didn’t feel any sparks when they touched and wasn’t that supposed to be the dead give away?

Anyways I know I can't have a mate and all this nonsense that I'm feeling must be my wolf’s way of getting back at me for choosing to sacrifice his mate. I can still remember how after the sacrifice it took him six months to reconcile with my wolf.

But the real question that rose was Who Is This Mary?

I am sure she is hiding something I could just feel her keeping somethings to herself and not sharing all the information that I wanted, but I always have my own ways of finding out what I wanted and this time is not going to be any different.

"So dear Mary whatever you are hiding, not for long and that's a promise" I promised before falling asleep.