Secrets Don't Make Friends

*Lost's POV*

"I'm sure your thinking that im mentally or physically lost...but no I go by the name Lost. I didn't choose it of course, people started calling me it. I just dont like to use my real name because people often stick a personality to a name. My birth name is one of the worst cases, so I only use it around my family. I live in a small town full of sluts and jerks and personally, I want out. But my name isn't the only secret I hide, I know I should seek help but I feel like it would only make matters worse." I write in my school journal.

I walk through the crowed hallway at school, people act like I'm not there, it doesn't bother me because all of these people are fake. More fake than Barbie herself. I don't get why girls wear all that makeup, I mean is that a mask or flesh?

I finally make it to the front doors of the building and dashed to my black Challenger. I catch my reflection in the window and wince, my eyes still don't have that special flicker and my teal hair is starting to fade. "Hey, Lost! Wait up!" I heard someone yell from the front of the school, I look over to see my crushes black hair swish side to side as he runs closer to me. He stops when he's a few feet from my car. I raise my right hand to wave hello and he smiles at me, his brown eyes are big and easy to get lost in. "So my sister fainted and my mom can't take off work to go get her from the hospital, can you please take me down there? I can wait for my aunt to pick us up from there, I just dont want her alone." I nod a yes and punch the unlock button with my finger, the familiar click sounds and I sit in my seat. I pull my seat belt around and latch it, securing my body. He does the same. "Thank you so much." he says looking at me. I give him a smile to show that its not a problem.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and pull up my kik messages. I open the only conversation I've ever had other than my parents and send "Shes perfect♡" that I won't make it home in time. I pull the cord that goes from my radio and plug it into my phone, I go to my music and play Devirgination Studies by WhiteChapel, place my phone in the cup holder and put my car in drive, after a few songs and many roads we finally make it to the hospital, I park my car and we get out. "You don't have to stay, really. " I stop in my tracks and send him a look that says im staying.

I follow him into the building and up to the fourth floor we walk into a room and see his sister sitting in the bed staring out the window. "Hey boo," he says while walking over to sit on her bed.

"Hi," she said smiling.

"How ya feelin?" He wrapped his arm around her and kissed her forehead.

"Tired, hi Lost." I waved my hello and she frowned. "Still not talking?" I shook my head and she giggled.

"I'd kiss her the day she makes a sound." He said smiling at me. I felt the heat rush to my face as I quickly looked away.

"Hey Ryan, how are we getting home?" Elizabeth asked her brother. I raised my hand, the smile on her face got wider than the Cheshire Cats. She jumped off the bed and ran out the door, I turned around and ran after her, Ryan following close behind. We all piled into the elevator and waited for the ding to indicate the doors opening. As soon as the door opened we all raced out toward the main door and pushed it open. I lead the pack all the way to my car and I jumped in before anybody else.

I unlocked the doors for them and plugged my phone into the speaker system and turned on Stay With Me by Sam Smith for Elizabeths ears. Ryan laughed but understood why and thanked me with his eyes. Elizabeths girly voice started singing along and I couldn't help but to smile.

Once we reached the intersate my phone started playing Chelsea Grin, and I quickly reached over and turned the speakers down. I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks once again as I reached over and showed Ryan my password while keeping my eyes on the road ahead. He turned on Somewhere Only We Know by Keane and smiled at me, I knew what that meant, I got off and drove down to the vacant Dairy Queen. I parked in my usual spot and walked to the door that had Ryan and my initials engraved into the door. "L and R," he said rubbing his fingers over them. My real father owned the building before he died and left it to me, I pulled out my keys and unlocked the glass door, I pulled it back and let Ryan and Elizabeth in then I followed, I turned on the lights and sat on the counter while Elizabeth explored.

Ryan walked over and asked if I was okay, I simply nodded and gave him a reassuring smile. He didn't look convinced at all and I smiled again, he tapped my thigh with the back of his hand and I moved over so he could sit. He wrapped his arm around me and I leaned into him. Honestly im glad were just friends because I don't know what I'd do without him. I jumped down and ran to the door, they walked to the door and followed my path out. I turned and lock the door and got back behind the wheel. I didn't make it. I couldn't do it. I broke down in front of them for the first time. Ryan knew with out asking and just got out of the car and walked around to my side. He picked me up and carried me around to the other side and strapped me in. He started the car and drove me home. He carried me up the stairs and into my room, he laid me on the bed and kissed my forehead. "It'll be okay, he's in a better place darling."

He pulled my car key off the ring and placed my phone on the table. I heard him tell my mom that he'd be back tomorrow to bring back my car, and he was gonna let me rest. Then my eyelids felt heavy and I fell asleep.

(A/N: I pinky swear ill continue this book. Really honest. Sorry thank you guys for reading, Love you! Btw if you ever need someone to talk to message me!!!)