So Many Years [Request]

"Kurt . . . it's been so many years," Scott started, unsure of what else he could possibly say. Kurt smiled weakly.

"I know, Scott. I know. I think I will be okay," Kurt whispered, speaking not only to Scott, but to himself. He stared at the tombstone, reading the engraving for the thousandth time.

"Here lies October Gale.

Big personality, admirable girl, valued X-Men member, and caring friend.

You will be missed.

1993 - 2010"

Scott patted Kurt's shoulder, causing the blue elf - like mutant to look up at his friend. "I'm proud of you, Kurt. You've moved on with your life. And you're happy . . . You've done alot better than me, to be honest."

Kurt nodded. He remembered Scott's heartbreak over Jean's death. To be honest, Kurt didn't think he would be able to survive. But someone came along and helped him through the rough times. He didn't know where he would be without her.

Sure enough, he saw a platinum blonde walking toward him from the corner of his eye. She placed a single daisy on the gave. After she stood straight again, she kissed Kurt's fuzzy cheek.

"I got finally Elijah to fall asleep. He's knocked out in the car seat," the girl said with a smile. She looked at the grave again, then back to her husband. "Are you done paying your respects?" she asked.

"Yes, Nollie. Let's go," Kurt said. Then he looked back at Scott. "I'll talk to you tomorrow." The brunette simply nodded.

"I should head home too. Emma's probably got dinner on the table." And then he was walking to his car. Kurt was silent. He always viewed October's death as the most horrible thing that ever happened to him? But what if October never died? Where would Nollie be? Would she be alone? Or would she be with some other guy?

It was these kinds of things that truly made Kurt think.

"Are you okay?" Kurt snapped back to reality, to see his wife staring at him with concern.

"Oh . . . yes, yes. I was . . . just thinking." Nollie nodded understandingly as they both got in the car. Kurt turned to his wife again, kissing her lips chastely. "I love you, Nollie."

"Oh . . . I love you too Kurt," she replied with a smile. And then they were off.