chapter 16

Hey peasant.

    Yeah what is it?

    Any idea why he would leave a mark?

    Uh..... Is it a werewolf mark?

    How should I know I can't see it!
    Well it depends what kind of bite he left. He did say he wanted to drink blood but it would be quick.

    Yeah so what does that mean? Peasant you're not making any sense here.

    Well depending on which side he used he could've just drank your blood.

    Or?

    He could've marked you like he said. He most likely marked you and by the way he's acting, you know clinging to you and all, you might be his mate.

    MATE?!?! I'm a demon. We don't have mates.

    Yeah but the other supernatural races do. Like werewolves is a big one. Actually their on the top of the list when it comes to mates.

    What does that have to do with me?

    Well just like Filamina is to me. Fae don't have mates either but I do.

    Soo??

    Well since she's my mate she can also feel the mate bond even though her race doesn't get them.
She's an exception.

WHAT?!?! So that means...

Yup. (Hahaha) Sorry to say it.

No. I refuse to believe it. Refuse. Absolutely refuse.

(Hahaha) There's nothing you can do now.

Not if I can help it.

The mate bond is something that you can't help. The universe or as the werewolves say, the moon goddess paired you up for a reason. (Hahaha) To give you a heart.

(Growling)

I tried to scoot away from him to put some distance between us because I didn't think I could sleep flushed up against him.

My body was growing hot, which was most likely from his werewolf body heat. Not only that but my heart felt like it was going to burst from my chest. It was pounding hard against my ribcage.
I was sure that Damijan could hear it. Which made me blush.

True to my word he tightened his grip on me pulling me closer to him. Making me close my eyes tighter.

I thought maybe if I fell asleep maybe I would forget about the situation.  So I attempted to call asleep.

*Dream*
All I saw ahead of me were trees. Was I in a forest? I must've been because I was running over fallen tree branches. I didn't know why but my instincts were telling me to keep running. "Peasant?" No answer. "Hey peasant? Answer me!" Again no answer. "Vanni?" Once again I was greeted with silence. What was going on? I was panting hard. My heart was racing hard. Was I ... afraid? What was afraid of and why was I running? What was I running from? Why? "Hello?" No one answered me. Was I alone? Why? I was so confused but let me tell you I was not confused for long for I heard large growling. It sounded like the hellhounds from earlier. The enchanted ones with the blue flames. It was always said that blue flames are hotter than orange flames. I was not about to test that theory. "You can't run forever." I heard the hellhounds growl out. "I can sure as hell try." I yelled back. I made the mistake of glancing back. I just wanted to see how far away they were but when I looked back I didn't see anyone there. I stopped running. I stood there in the middle of the forest. Nothing else but pitch black darkness. "What the hell?" I waited. For what? Probably for someone to come. All of a sudden I felt hot breath on the back of my neck. "I told you no you can't." I heard the hellhounds growl. I froze stiff.
*End dream*