Prologue

• Dedicated to Raymond Colon

This is my first time posting a story and my English is not that good, but ill do my best and i hope whoever reads it can understand it and enjoy it. :D  

*****************************  

Prologue

"My name is Blair. Blair Ashlee. I was born in 1977. The day of my birth was as normal as any other day. Along with me, at least fifteen thousand babies were born in the United States alone."

In a hospital room the cries of a newborn echoes through the walls, followed by the almost synchronized staccato moans of a tired mother who just brought to the world her most valued possession.

"Fifteen thousand....but just one was waited for more than her anxious mother, just one is the carrier. Just one."

A newborn girl lies in one of the multiples cradles of a maternity room. A mysterious man dressed in white approaches her silently.  

He looks at her with a glare no baby should ever be looked upon with. Of his robe he drew a syringe. Without hesitating he press it in one of the baby's fingers, extracting one tube of blood ignoring completely the heartbreaking cries of the baby.

"Just me."

A beautiful girl about five years old rides for the first time her bike. She exited and scared at the same time on top of her pink and white bike. Her mother watches closely, hoping her daughter will not fall, even though if she did, not much could harm her with all the safety equipment the little girl had on. Helmet, knee and elbow pads, and all sorts of protective things.

"Have you ever had that feeling after waking from a nightmare?...relief. Well, when I wake up every morning I realize it was all real."

A young girl lies unconscious in the floor of a dark, musty and disgusting cell. With the little light that queues from the window, you can vaguely see her dirty skin, full of deadly cuts and dark bruises.

"Have you ever wondered where all those stories about vampires, the cold ones, come from?"

"Me neither."

Heartless men take the dying girl to an all-white room. There they tear off the little clothes she has left and tie her, with belts, to a cold metal platform. The girl starts crying, to deft ears, for mercy. Cries are quickly replaced with screaming pain of a broken body, as the ultraviolet light touches her skin.