Chapter 4

Blair

Apart from some little remodeling, Rain Forest was still the same. It still looked like a town forgotten by civilization. It still was that small town that barely got any new residences and that only was visited by tourists who were foolish enough to drive across the state.

When Calculus ended the brave ones made their moves, introducing themselves and asking one or two lame questions. Like "You are the new girl?" "So, Your name is Megan." "How do you like Rain Forest?" I answered as politely as I could.

It felt so weird being in high school again, after so many years. Even more when I had pass from the lower levers of the hierarchical pyramid, to the top.

I searched for my schedule.

Before I could read a word, Zoe Rivers, a good looking, self-confident girl with chocolate skin and dark wavy hair, made a compliment about my clothes and asked were had I bought them.

I tried to said a lie as close to the reality as possible. All the good lies always have some true on them.

"I have no idea. It was a gift." I confessed.

Zoe hid her disappointment behind a smiled. She seemed superficial and all her sympathy forced and fake.

I studied the schedule. Physical Education was my next class.

Kristian Chatwin introduced himself and tried to flirt. He had uncommon features that in a weird way worked on him, black eyes and hair.

He got closer than desired to my face.

I gave a step backward.

He worked a smile that probably had being effective in hundreds of girls. This obviously was not the case.

"What is your next class?" Kristian asked.

I hesitated. "Physical Education."

"Come, I'll take you."

"That is not necessary, I know where it is.

"I was not asking you." He said and smiled. "I'm going to take you."

I sighted and gave up. -How bad could it be?-

I followed him all the way to the gym.

I could hear everyone whispering and gossiping. Those where the times I wished I could shut my senses. In the few hours I had been in the school all eyes were on me. It felt completely uncomfortable to be the center of attention. I liked more to be the unnoticed kind. Every time I became a little noticeable something went wrong. It was obvious this was going to happen I just didn't know how aggressive it would be.

"Thanks, Kristian." I said politely.

He smiled. "See you around."

I gave a meaningful smile and rushed in side.

The gym was empty.

I followed the noises and smells to the girl's locker room.

Everyone was changing their clothes for the physical education uniform. They had not giving me the uniform and there was no way I could do the class in what I was wearing. Santos, my right hand and the mastermind responsible for Megan Riggs, my new identity, had bought the tightest and shortest dress he saw.

All the half-naked girls talked and laughed between themselves.

I sat by one on off the benches.

If all these kids knew who I really was. Would they be afraid? Or would they be admired? If they knew how many sins my conscience hold. If they knew what kind of freak walked among them. Would they run away in fear? Would they?