God Knows

John

I just met Freddie Mercury and I'm internally screaming in my car right now.

If I'm being quite honest, I don't want to go home. Veronica has been very mean to me this past month and I don't know what I did.

As soon as I pulled in the driveway, my smile faded and I had to bring myself to go to the door.

As soon as I opened the door, Veronica was there, and, surprisingly, she didn't yell at me.

"John, come sit on the couch. We need to talk."

I know what this is. She is probably going to apologize for being quite mean to me this past month.

This kind of thing seems to happen every once in a while, so it's pretty expected at this point.

I sat down waiting.

"John this situation is quite difficult for me, but, here we go. I'm leaving you."

This was not the plan.

"I have been seeing other people for the past year who can give me things you can't. You need to be out of here by tommorow. My new boyfriend Is going to be moving in."

I didn't say a word. I was frozen.

Where am I supposed to live? I need to call Freddie.

"Hello dear." Freddie said very monotone. Very different from his earlier mood, I hope he's okay.

I suddenly started sobbing. "My girlfriend kicked me out! I don't know what to do..."

"Oh my goodness love! I'll pick you up, pack your stuff, what's your address?"

I gave him my address and left to pack my stuff.

I heard a knock on the door as I finished packing. I grabbed my stuff and darted.

"Come here love!" Freddie hugged me tightly and he carried my stuff to the car.

We got in the car and he placed his hand on my knee. I felt comfortable, and I had a warm feeling inside my stomach.

We sat in comfortable silence until we arrived at his house. We walked in and he carried my stuff inside.

"What are you doing?"

"You think I'm going to leave you on the streets? Your moving in with us!"

"Freddie, you don't have to do this, I'll be fine..."

"Not another word darling. I've made up my mind. We have a guest room, you can move in there."

I don't think I've ever been this grateful in my life.