Prolouge

Normal POV

The sound of metal clashing echoed throughout the scene, sharingan blazing as both raven head clashed their respective weapons once more. It wasn't supposed to be like this. They were a contrast of one another but, at the same time, a mirror in each other's eyes. They are the same, yes, but they were also opposites. A crash resounded, Akachi stumbling backwards, as Itachi pushed her back, the cold look in his eyes never once leaving as he stared at his sister. His own twin. The girl coughed, gripping her knee in one hand as she wiped her blood dripping cheek. She smiled, Itachi twitched.

"Four years and you're already faster by half a second, I'm impressed." The chin length haired girl admitted, flicking the blood off her sword as she stood back up. "But still two seconds slow."

Itachi nodded, hand flying up to meet his bloodied and blood drenched shoulder. Her sword was able to pierce through his shoulder a moment ago before he was able to kick the girl off. A two second late reaction. He silently, and mentally, scolded himself for not being able to react much quickly. The younger grinned at him, sword sheared as she slowly padded toward him. The knowing look on her face almost taunting Itachi for his not so subtle, for the both of them anyway, mistake.

"Hn." He grunted, slowly sliding down and positioning himself on the ground. Still nursing his pierced and bleeding shoulder, Akachi plopped next to him. There was no need to fight or berate, they were equal in everything. Ish.

"Valley of the end..." Akachi hummed, back carefully pressed against a wall that somehow didn't got obliterated when she and Itachi were fighting. Itachi grunted again, not really in the mood to talk, as he mirrored(Is this a word..?) his sister's position, now coal black eyes staring up at the blue sky.

It was silence between them, and it was comfortable. But at the same time it was also sickening to both. Painful memories haunted them whenever it was a complete silence, never once were they left alone by the past. But they'll manage, somehow.

. . .

"Oh, look, it's Sasuke."

. . .

I'm not even gonna question the position they're in.