Back In His Arms

(Y/N) awoken from the noise of gunshots firing. She immediately stood up and peered through the windows. 'This can't be good,' she thought. There she saw Joker with his army of goons firing carelessly towards the Bruce Wayne's manor. You rushed out and into the living room. There you saw Bruce cursing and pacing across the room.

"How'd they find us?" She asked, blaming herself for getting him into this mess.

"He always knew about my identity (Y/N)." He answered, averting away from her eyes.

"He... What?!"

"Just... We'll talk about this later, we need to focus on finding a way out of here."

Bruce nods in response.

You both scurry into his Batcave and devised a plan. To put this shortly, the plan was for (Y/N) to run away to the safe house while Bruce distracts Joker and his acquaintances.

Bruce gives (Y/N) a thumbs up and left her in the Batcave. She was nervous. Her body slowly trembling in fear, a feeling which she had never truly felt before. She eyed the surveillance cameras on the computer and saw Bruce conversing with Joker.

'It's my time to go,' she thought and left through another exit.

The moment she felt the outside breeze touch her skin she zoomed out of sight on one of Bruce's Batcycles. She didn't look back. All of a sudden she felt a sharp sting on her left shoulder and slowly looked at it. Some kind of needle was stabbed into her. She felt dizzy. Her vision was blurring. Her head was spinning. Then in less than a second, her world turned black.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The moment her eyes slowly opened she jumped out. She frantically looked around. Her eyes wandered around the room. It looked like she was in some sort of hut. She could hear waves crashing against each other and the wind whistling in peace. She quickly stood up and went outside. She was welcomed with the scent of the ocean. Far along the beach she saw a man with scruffy green hair and multiple tattoos on his body sitting, letting his feet catch the water. His eyes lingered into the horizon and then he sank his head into his hands. (Y/N) sighed. She walked towards him. Her feet caressed by the waves and the soft sand. She sat beside him and looked into the horizon. His face looked up with tears pouring down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry," his voice was rough.

"For what?" Her eyes still focusing on the beautiful ocean.

"For everything," he looked back down, avoiding eye contact from (Y/N).

She looked at him and she couldn't help herself from admiring such a creature. His soft green hair were swaying in harmony with the wind. His skin shone with the sun's ray. His eyes so soft, so innocent, so pure. She leaned her head on his shoulder.

Three words escaped his mouth. Just three.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------