Part 1

Updated: 30th August.

READ - if you enjoy this then please go and check out my newest BananaFish fanfiction where I've definitely written a lot better 😂 love yall
Thanks for 8K btw 😁

Three long months have passed since I left America. Every single day dragging me along as I wait for today's date. The day I'm able to fly back and see him.

"Eiji! You forgot your lucky love charm!" My kid sister shouted with a grin, running across the airport as I made my way through security.

"Thanks sis." I smiled softly, clutching the charm in my hand and beginning to rub it between my forefingers. "I'll see you soon!"

Inhaling deeply, I looked down at the ground where my feet stood hesitantly. Is he gonna want me back? I gave him the ticket and he never came.... does that mean he never wants to see me again?
I shake my head as if it'll empty the threatening thoughts swarming my mind, plastering a smile onto my face.

"Sa-yo-na-ra Japan!" I waved, feeling a comic grin spread across my face.

A warmth spreads through my chest whenever I say that one simple word. As it never fails to remind me of him. I can only be glad every memory has been printed into my mind like a relic.

I was going to go and see him now after all, and I hadn't kept in contact with him, so this would be a complete surprise.

The whole 11 hour plane journey made me feel giddy.
I could not wait. My mind played through scenarios in my head about how Ash would react like it was a scene in a movie.

My favorite one was where I burst through the doors and shouted "SURPRISE!" And Ash came running into my arms and we hugged and we-

"Flight 306 is now landing, Please buckle your seatbelts as we will land in less than 10 minutes." The smiley lady near the front of the plane said, motioning the clicking of a belt.

I squealed in excitement, making the old man next to me sneer in embarrassment.

Goosebumps ran down my arms and legs as I excitedly pushed pass everyone in the airport.

I could feel funny looks being thrown at me, presumably because of how young I looked, and as I was a different race, but I didn't care one bit.

There was no trouble getting through the big city, I already knew it like the back of my hand.

Every little detail was hooked onto my sight. From the tip of the tallest buildings to the dark of the toughest ally ways. And I never want to forget them.

Instead of catching a taxi I raced the streets, letting my coat flick free from my shoulders. Feeling the freedom flow through the wind of the American city.

I darted down the roads, accidentally bashing into people on the way.
Panting and out of breath, I stopped for a moment, before realising I was stood before the library, smiling as I remembered all the memories we shared in that one building.

I stood for a good five minutes at the step before a librarian woman came over to me and lay her hand gently on my shoulder.

"We are open you know." She told me kindly. "You can come in if you'd like."

"Yes. Thank you. But I think I had better be going." I replied, snapping out of my longing gaze.

"Well, good luck on your journeys my friend." She nodded, waving me off.

A sudden nostalgic wave took over me, and so I darted off round the corner, knowing full well I could make it to the hideout in less than ten minutes.

It didn't take that long.