4

"EMMMMMAAAA!!!!" I heard a familiar voice yell. I groaned and rolled over, covering my face with a pillow. Then I felt water being dumped onto me. I screamed and jumped up and a few swear words flew out here and there. I saw Zach laughing and holding his stomach.
"What the hell?!?" I yelled and he patted my back.
"You may want to clean up Em" he suggested and I flipped him off. He walked out and I changed into some dry clothes. I brushed my teeth and put on some makeup before heading downstairs. I saw Zach sitting on the counter with a bowl of cereal. He noticed me and smiled innocently.
I glared as I walked past him to get the cereal, but he grabbed it quickly and held it up.
"Cmon Zach, you already put me through enough torture" I told him and he laughed.
"You can have it if you reach it"  he said and I rolled my eyes. I tried to jump up and get it. He held it higher and I jumped again.
"You look so stupid" he told me and I smacked him. Then I noticed the position we were in. I was in between his legs with my hands on them. I guess he noticed too because he started to blush.
"Just take it" he said and got up.
"Zach are you ok?" I asked and he nodded.
"I need to get to school, mom said you need to come too" he said and walked off. I sighed and poured some cereal in a bowl. I ate quickly before getting some shoes on. I saw Zach with his car keys.
"Hey you wanna ride?" He asked
"Yeah that would be great" I replied and we got in his car. It was silent and awkward.
"Look about earlier, I'm sorry" he said and I nodded.
"It's ok, it's not a big deal" I assured him.
"Ok, and let's forget about what happened in the kitchen" he begged.
"Yeah ok" I said and looked out my window.
"Shoot!" He said and slowed down the car. I looked at him in confusion.
"What?" I asked.
"Can you walk, the boys can't see me with you" he told me and I nodded in disappointment.
"Whatever" I said and got out and watched him drive away. I huffed and adjusted my backpack before walking the rest of the way to school.

When I got there I was five minutes late. I rushed to my locker and grabbed my books. I ran to class and opened the door. I saw everyone look at me and a person I've never seen before standing in the front of the class. My teacher motioned for me to sit. I went into the back of the classroom, next to Ashton
"What's happening?" I asked him.
"I don't know, this guy just showed up" he explained. I turned my attention towards the stranger and he began talking.
"So as you know, there was a shooting here last week, but I can assure you that it is safe, but there is a reason they targeted this school" he began, I looked at Ashton in confusion. He just shrugged and I sighed.
"This school is different, your parents sent you here for a reason, this school is for parents who work for the government, but not just that, they go undercover and stop some of the most harsh criminals" he explained. I shook my head and raised my hand.
"That's impossible, neither of my parents work for you, for crying out loud my dad is in jail!" I exclaimed as he gushed me.
"Your mother did Emma, that's how she died" he told me and I balled my fist.
"No...." I whispered.
"Yes it's true" he told me.
"No, she left with all my brothers, how can she be dead?" I asked and he frowned.
"Those weren't your real brothers" he told me and I started tearing up.
"Mr. Hale thank you for stoping by but i think it's time to go" my teacher said and he nodded and walked out of the class without a single word.
I looked at Ashton with tears in my eyes. He got up and hugged me.
"Shh, it's ok Em" He cooed and rubbed my back soothingly.
"Mr. Irwin please have a seat" my teacher said and he rolled his eyes and sat down. I noticed Zach at the front of the room frowning at me. When he noticed me he gave me a small smile.
I ignored it and turned my attention to my teacher.
"I'm so sorry about that kids, um let's talk about math" she said and started writing stuff on the board.

***
The bell rang and school was finally over. I walked out of class and made my way towards the Herron's house.
I heard a car behind me and I looked and saw who it was. I scoffed and kept walking. They rolled the window down.
"Em, do you need a ride?" Zach asked.
"No, I'm fine walking" I replied in a harsh tone.
"Are you sure, it's a twenty minute walk" he told me.
"It's fine Zach, I need to get some air anyway" I said clenching my jaw.
"Ok, uh call me if you need help" he said and drove off. I noticed the sun disappearing. What the hell it was only three. I looked up and saw storm clouds. Shit. I felt water droplets hit my nose. By now I was only ten minutes away. I bolted down the sidewalk and it started pouring. By the time I got home it was drenched. I walked it and hung up my jacket. Zach was sitting in the kitchen with an amused look on his face. He took a sip of his drink and leaned back.
"You look great" he told me sarcastically.
"Thanks" I said and glared.
"I'm taking a shower" I told him and went upstairs.
***
I got out and got dressed when mrs. Herron called us downstairs. I walked down and saw a man dressed in all black. I saw Zach come down and he gave me a confused look.
"Oh good you're all here, this is Smithers, he is going to be your body guard" she told us.
"Why do we need a bodyguard?" Zach asked.
"Because there are some people on my bad side and they might target you" she explains and sips her wine.
Zach huffed and went upstairs.
I followed him and knocked on his door.
"What do you want?" I heard from the other side.
"Can I come in?" I asked, but I didn't wait for an answer I just went in. He was sitting on his bed with his knees to his chest.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"I wanna be a normal kid, who's parents don't work for the government, who doesn't need a bodyguard, who can go to a normal school" he told me and I sat next to him.
"Same here, I want things to go back to the way they were when I was younger, my dad and mom were happy, my mom was alive, and my dad isn't in jail" I said and tears rolled down my cheeks.
I felt Zach scoot closer. I turned towards him and he held our his arms.
I hugged him and breathed in his scent.
He was so warm and comforting.
"Promise me even if I'm a jerk, we will be there for each other" he whispered and I nodded.
"Ok, I promise"

Wassup guys, sorry this update took so long, I've been really busy, but here it is!!!