AML

"I understand Ma I won't ruin this for you I'll be a doll at auntie's I swear!" exclaimed Preena.

"That's my girl!" said Hillary as she went in for a hug.

The days past and it was now time for Hillary to go to phase three of testing all the way in Texas. When she arrived she was shocked. At that moment she found out she lost everything. There was a sign, the sign stated 'No Mercury 13 tryouts due to unofficial documents. Sorry for the inconvenience'. Inconvenience! Hillary just lost her job and left her daughter she sacrificed everything she had. Not only does she not have a job and still has to leave Preena alone for four weeks she couldn't drive at night and night has already past she has to check into her hotel and stay there leaving Preena so she doesn't worry Preena.

Back at Preena's aunt's Preena felt suddenly tired and lost focus. In day two she barely ate and had an insane fever. Weeks past and she was losing weight fast and started having night sweats. Her aunt checked her into the hospital a week after. They ran a few tests on her and the doctors came to a conclusion. Preena had leukemia. She had AML, Acute Myeloid Leukemia but the doctor announced that she is actually lucky because AML has a 95% chance of being cured. The doctor asked if her aunt was her mother but she wasn't. Her mother was still in Texas. They had to call her mother from the hospital. Hillary was devastated. Preena thought maybe this was the thing she was going to survive from, but chemicals can kill cancer.

Hillary packed bags in the middle of the night, who cares whether or not she could drive in the dark, her child is dying and she's miles away. Hillary arrived the next day when they would take a bone marrow biopsy to see if there really was any leukemia. She still had leukemia but it was still AML. She was going to be moved to the oncology ward. Her mother stayed with her all night. Preena begged and begged to hear what happened but Hillary told her she didn't have the strength to hear it, knowing Preena too would be devastated. Preena cried and sobbed as she told her mother

" I'm sorry I lied I interfered with your tryouts I made you quit your job Im sorry, I'm so so sorry I lied to you I said I wouldn't but I did I'm sorry." Hillary tried to stop Preena and try to explain she didn't but knew she would have to tell her about the cancellation, which she was obviously not ready for.