The Investigation Begins

Monday, June 13th

*Akechi's P.O.V.*

As I got to my platform looking for Kaito-kun, I saw someone I wasn't expecting to, the boy from the interview.

"Fancy seeing you here." I smile, slipping into my Detective Prince act, catching his attention. "I didn't think we used the same station. Meeting here must be fate." I continued, joking slightly, before hearing the sound of running footsteps closing in behind me, I had a good idea who it was.

"Gor-Oh, uh, hi, Akechi-senpai." Kaito-kun smiles, though now looking to the ground.

"This is Sasaki Kaito-kun, my underclassmen by year and a friend." I smile in explanation, knowing it'd be near a miracle to get Kaito-kun to talk to someone upon first meeting them.

"Kurusu Akira." The boy answers with a smile.

Kaito's head lifts slightly, 'so he did watch the interview' I think, knowing my friend recognized the boy's voice 'seriously, it takes him a month to remember a name, but two sentences in an interview to be able to recognize a voice' I think, stifling a chuckle.

"Anyway, how are you?" I ask Akira

"Not bad." Akira responds

"That's a good answer." I smile. "...I've been getting interviewed a lot lately, so I've been wondering how to answer such questions...I guess it's best to simply be yourself and say what you think. You've given me much to consider." I smile, wanting to speak more to the interesting boy before hearing something like a stifled snicker from the younger student next to me. Resisting the urge to snap a snarky comment at my underclassmen, I turn my attention back to Akira. "If it isn't too much trouble, may I speak with you again sometime?" I ask, Akira nods, and with that, we get on our trains.

*Kaito's P.O.V*

Akechi and I found seats on the train and sat down.

"So you watched the interview?" Akechi-senpai asks

"Of course I did." I smile, thinking 'you were in it'

"You're quite odd, it takes you a month to remember a name, 5 minutes to be able to recognize a face, and two sentences in an interview for a voice." He chuckles. "Also, mind telling me what that little snicker was for?" He asks, a playful scolding lacing his tone.

"Oh, like I'm the only odd one, you got one sentence out of the boy and it seemed to inspire how you did some stuff for interviews or was it also what he said in the interview a couple days ago?" I smirk, raising a brow and crossing my arms

"I guess you have a point when you put it that way." The young detective chuckles. "Though, speaking of the interview, I'm curious, what's your opinion on the Phantom Thieves?" He asks, making me freeze a little, before looking to my lap, thinking of how to word my answer, not knowing if he'd like it.

"If they are real, they seem to be going after only criminals the police don't have the intel, or possibly resources to go after themselves so far." I answer, looking at my lap.

"But, if they can change hearts, by force no less, isn't there a possibility they could've made the supposed criminal fabricate these crimes?" Akechi-senpai asks, looking at it from multiple angles, as any good detective would.

"I thought about that too." I say, looking to him. "It takes some digging, but there's been rumors going back years, from shortly after one of Madarame's pupils committed suicide and shortly after the first time someone under Kamoshida's teaching ended up in the hospital." I explain, causing Akechi-senpai to sit back in his seat, holding his chin in his hand.