Chapter 14

I hate this kind of life I'm living right now. I don't really like working but staying at home doing nothing is killing me gradually,I might not be able to make it through to the next day. Somebody call 911🎵🎵

Ring! Ring!! Ring!!!

Who could be calling me this early morning? And it's an unknown number🤔🤔😕😕,I hate receiving calls from unknown numbers because to me I think they're strangers for me not to have the person's number.

"Hello,who is this?" I asked.

"It's Jack,please don't hang up. I'm very sorry for what happened yesterday, I didn't know what i said that got you angry." He said sounding so sober.

"What do you want?" I said trying to sound angry.

"I said I'm sorry please. The way you're talking is making me scared" he said.

"Ok. I've heard you. So can I go back to what I was doing?" I asked. I know I lied but I had to. There are times when you need to lie to save your self from doing or saying things.

"Yea,you can but I want to ask for a favour which I'm very sure that you'll grant it for me." He said.

What could this favour be? I just it's something that I won't regret later.

"And what could that be?" I tried to sound mean but it didn't come out well and right now, I'm smiling. If someone should ask me why I'm smiling,I won't have any answer to give them.

"My mum wants a hold a family reunion and I don't want to go there alone so please can you come with me?" He asked.

Whattt!! I knew something like this was going to come up and he'll ask me to follow him.

"I don't know Jack. I'm still trying to get a new job which is very difficult for me to find. And besides,I don't have any appropriate dress to wear and don't say anything stupid. I barely go out for things like this and I'm going to be meeting people I've never seen in my life. I don't want to ruin your happy family and I even forgot to ask,what am I going to pose as? Your friend?" I ask.

"First of all, the dress issue wont be a problem. There are lots of places to buy a dress. And you meeting my family is going to be a good thing,who knows you might be the future Mrs Anderson,only time would tell. What would you like to pose as? My girlfriend or my fiancee?" He said.

"I don't there to be any misinterpretation so I'll go as your friend from the office and you don't need to bother yourself about getting me a dress,why can't you ask one of the nurses in the hospital to accompany you?" I asked. I really want to know what he would say.

"I want to go with you. I need to get back to work now,I'll come later in the afternoon and we'll go and buy the dress. No more talking. Bye." He said.

He didn't even wait for me to say anything,he ended the call. What a thing! I don't know why I'm scared but I'm 100% sure that something might go wrong. I pray I'm wrong because im not ready for any drama of any sort. I need to talk to someone and I think I know the right person to talk to. Mya.

Calling Mya.......

"I thought you weren't going to answer. I needed to talk to someone and you were the first person on my mind." I said.

"What's wrong? Did you get into trouble? Or is it about Jack?" She asked.

"Yes,it's about Jack" I said.

"Oooh, I love things like this. Spill it baby." She said

Vote
Comment
💋💋💋💋