Chapter 29

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

I quietly closed the door as I walked into my apartment. It was six thirty in the morning and I needed to get dressed for work.

Last night when Caleb called me over I went running to him. We got back together and I spent the night at his place.

We didn't have sex but we cuddled and made out then fell asleep. I felt kind of guilty since right before I went to him I had just gotten out of bed with Malcolm.

But I was technically single when I slept with Malcolm because Caleb had dumped me.

He just regretted doing that and asked for me to take him back and I did.

I don't know why I had felt such guilt when I hadn't done anything wrong. I mean for all I knew Caleb could have screwed someone else before asking to get back together.

What happened when we weren't officially together didn't matter or count.

I headed back to my bedroom when Cheyenne's bedroom door opened.

I saw Marcus walk out and he seemed a bit embarrassed.

"Hey Zoe," he said.

"Hey. You and Cheyenne have fun last night?" I asked with a smirk.

"Yeah... I heard you and Malcolm had the same kind of fun," Marcus said.

I looked down now embarrassed myself.

"You and Malcolm were always good together. I'm glad you two are giving things another try," Marcus said.

"About that...."

Before I could finish my sentence my bedroom door opened and Malcolm stood in the doorway.

"You stayed here all night?" I asked as I turned to Malcolm.

"I wanted to wait for you. I just didn't know you'd be gone all night," Malcolm said.

I really wasn't expecting Malcolm to still be here when I got back. I thought he would have gone home and waited for me to text him like I said I would.

I still didn't know what to say to him.

How do I tell him I got back with my boyfriend after a brief break up?

"I need to get ready for work," I said.

"Well I just needed to pee so I'll leave you both to it," Marcus said as he went into the guest bathroom.

I walked into my bedroom and closed the door.

Malcolm grabbed my hands and pulled me into a hug.

"I missed you," he whispered into my hair as he rubbed my back.

Shit!

I'm going to hurt him all over again.

Shit!

"You feel tense. Zoe what's wrong?" Malcolm asked.

I slowly pulled away from him as he looked down into my eyes.

"Last night shouldn't have happened between us," I said.

"Zoey I-"

"Please let me finish before I lose my nerve!" I said.

Malcolm stood back and nodded for me to continue.

"Last night after we hooked up my ex called. He apologized and asked for me to give us another chance. I went to his place last night and that's where I'm coming back from," I said honestly.