Wendigo [2]

Dean and Sam walked the length of a corridor with rooms on either side. "Spirits and demons don't have to unlock doors. If they want inside, they just go through walls," Dean reasoned

"So it's probably something else, something corporeal," Sam told him

"Corporeal? Excuse me, professor,"

"Shut up. So what do you think?"

"The claws, the speed that it moves...could be a skinwalker, maybe a black dog. Whatever we're talking about, we're talking about a creature, and it's corporeal. Which means we can kill it," Dean opened the trunk of the Impala, then the weapons box, and propped it open with a shotgun. He put some guns in a duffel bag. 

Sam leaned in. "We cannot let that Haley girl go out there,"

"Oh yeah? What are we gonna tell her? That she can't go into the woods because of a big scary monster?"

"Yeah,"

Dean looked at Sam "Her brother's missing, Sam. She's not gonna just sit this out. Now we go with her, we protect her, and we keep our eyes peeled for our fuzzy predator friend," Dean picked up the duffel.

"Finding Dad's not enough?" Sam slammed the weapons box shut, then the trunk. "Now we gotta babysit too?" 

Dean stared at Sam 

"What?" Sam asked

"Nothing." Dean threw the duffel bag at Sam and walked off. "Just wondering on what we're going to do about Natalia seeing as you don't want to babysit,"

***

The Impala pulled up. 

Roy, Haley, and Ben stared. 

Haley shook her head. 

Sam and Dean got out of the car. Sam opened the back door of the Impala and pulled out Natalia and a duffel bag. 

"You guys got room for three more?" Dean asked

"Wait, you want to come with us?" Haley questioned

"Who are these guys?" Roy asked

"Apparently this is all the park service could muster up for the search and rescue," Haley explained as Sam put Natalia on his back and walked ahead.

"You're rangers?"

"That's right," Dean replied

"And you're hiking out in biker boots and jeans with a three-year-old tagging along?"

Dean looked down at himself "Well, sweetheart, I don't do shorts," he headed past Haley.

"What, you think this is funny? It's dangerous backcountry out there." Roy explained "Her brother might be hurt,"

Sam turned back. 

"Believe me, I know how dangerous this could get." Dean told him "We just wanna help her find her brother, that's all," Dean headed past Sam, tousling Natalia's hair as he walked by.

***

The group hiked through the forest, Roy in the lead, then Dean, Haley, Ben, and Sam carrying Natalia bringing up the rear. 

"Roy, you said you did a little hunting," Dean mentioned

"Yeah, more than a little," Roy replied

"Uh-huh. What kind of furry critters do you hunt?"

"Mostly buck, sometimes bear,"

Dean passed Roy "Tell me, uh, Bambi or Yogi ever hunt you back?"