4

Before the main band went on stage I decided I'd get a beer from the bar.
I didn't really feel like being in the crowd tonight so I decided on watching the show while sitting at the bar.

After the bar tender hands me my beer someone takes a seat next to me and asks for a beer himself.
I look over and see that it's monkey again.

He thanks the bar tender then looks over at me.

"Oh hey I remember you." He smiled "how have you been?"

"Good, how about you?"

"Ah, same ol' same ol'. Hey, you know I never got your name."

"Oh, I'm (y/n)."

"I'm Keith." He shook my hand.

We ended up having a conversation about different things but mostly about music.

We stopped our chatting for a bit to watch the main band but we ended up going outside mid-set.

We went on listing some of our favorite bands and we shared a lot of mutual ones. We also had a lot more in common than I thought we would have.

I wasn't sure what it was about him, I just liked talking to him and being in his company.

Eventually the end of the show rolled around and people were leaving the venue.

John found me and smiled when he saw who I was with.

"Alright, well I gotta go. It was nice hanging out with you Keith, I'll see you around."

"See you around." He smiled and waved goodbye.

As we were walking to the parking lot John spoke "soooo I see you've made a new friend."

"Yeah, I guess so I don't know."

"Yeah but you're friends with Monkey from the Adicts. That is so COOL. Sid is gonna loose his shit when he finds out."

"Oh chill out John, you act likes he's my best friend or something. I've only talked to him twice at shows, that doesn't mean anything."

"Hey, it's still pretty cool though."

We made it to John's car and exited the parking lot then headed home.