I Know It's You

The ambulance came following the police. The bleeding stopped but she had to be taken for more care and tests. The bastard got arrested and investigations started. They still don’t know about the murders he had committed. They arrested him for an attempt of murder. He’ll see hell soon. I’ll make sure he does.

The house felt empty. Sabrina decided to quit and leave. I haven’t seen Stephany for hours. I think she just needs some time alone. The sailor wouldn’t stop chattering about his old adventures in the sea but my mind was barely with him.

The night passed and another day had arrived. And another sun had set when I saw Hazel walk through the door. I was happy to see her fine but seeing her and not being able to make any kind of contact with her ached my heart.

Another crazy idea is all I needed. What’s there to lose? To Sam’s room I headed. He works here too. He was snoring loudly. Never thought he would since he barely makes a sound while up. The shiest and the kindest though a little bit of a weirdo.
In the dark I stared at him before finally getting the courage to do what I came to do. Stepping nearer I took a breath and did it. Laid down over his calm body. I need a body, that’s all I need.

I closed my eyes tightly hoping it worked and slowly sat down. Not alone. I was Sam and I had all the control this time for his soul is sleeping. 

Walked out the room and went looking for the love of my life. I saw her in that black dress leaning over the kitchen counter trying too hard to make a cup of tea. Reaching out one arm to grab the sugar jar from up the drawer I ran to help her. “Let me get that for you.” And our hands touched when our eyes met following it with a moment of silence. “Thanks, Sam.” The contact is broken. Of course, I’m Sam now.

As she tries to open the tightly closed jar she groaned when the mattress wrapped around her arm moved slightly. “Just let me make it for you. You’re going to end up making your arm worse and it will take longer to heal this way.” I mumbled as I finish preparing the rest of it and I lift my head to see her staring at me as if she had just witnessed an unbelievable something. As if she had just seen a ghost. Ironically she had.  “What’s.. what’s wrong? something in my face? Here?”  

With the same look on her face. “It’s just that... I’ve never seen you talk that much or even talk at all.” And I backed off a bit. “Oh,..” Right, why did I have to choose Sam? Stupid me!

“Yeah, I.. I have made a decision that.. that..” Oh shut up! Sam doesn’t speak like that! How does Sam speak?! Think Patrick think! “To be more social! My therapist asked me to.” 

“I see.” Thank god she bought that. “It’s just that...” And she went again. “What?”

“You never even look me in the eyes.” Oh man. “Yeah, the whole thing is about making more contact with people.” I managed to say.

“You sure is learning fast Patrick. You’re already doing well. ” And I giggled at that. I’m saved. Until.. “Wait what?” P.. Patrick?

“I know it’s you Patrick.” And I spelled the tea over the cabinet.

Next will be the last chapter, don't go anywhere! or Patrick will hunt you for the rest of your life 👻