CHAPTER 5: Our Past

Dawn breaks and you find yourself waking up to the sunlight pouring in through the living room curtains. You see a peacefully sleeping Chaeyoung huddled up in your arms. You lay there beside her for a few more moments before deciding to get up and climb up onto Lisa's roof for some fresh air - something you find yourself doing with Lisa a lot like some typical teenagers in sappy, angsty American teen movies. You pull out the little notebook that you grabbed on your way out and started doodling and writing whatever came to mind. After a while, watching the sun slowly become more intense, you hear movement coming from inside Lisa's room. It seems like Jennie was checking up on everyone but couldn't find you, or at least she found you whilst checking up on Jisoo. You hop back inside through the window sill, trying your best not to wake Jisoo, and join Jennie.

Yawning and stretching her arms out, she drops one of them down onto your shoulder as you both head back out towards the kitchen. "You're up early today. Feeling hungry yet? It's almost 9."

"Almost 9?" You're a little taken back by it. You didn't realise you were out there for so long. Suddenly, as soon as Jennie mentioned breakfast, it was as though something was triggered in your stomach and caused it to growl immensely.

The air around you both is silent for a moment before you both give away little silent laughs to yourselves. "Let's start breakfast. I'll work on bacon, you work on eggs."

"Got it, chef!" Jennie makes her way to the fridge to grab the bacon and eggs while you grab the necessary pans and utensils. Setting the pans on the beautiful gas-range that Lisa has in her kitchen, you begin to oil up your pan before cracking some eggs in as Jennie starts sizzling the bacon.

Leaving the eggs to cook for a bit, you grab the toaster and ripe avocados from the pantry. Running back and forth, you ask Jennie to help you with the toast while you make sure the eggs are cooked to perfection and that the mashed avocado is done right. Smelling food, Jisoo and Lisa have come into the kitchen, eager to start eating. Getting plates and utensils ready on the kitchen island in the middle, Lisa makes it her mission to wake up Chaeyoung before the food is done - in which case, it almost is.

Nudge. "Chaeyoung-ah," Poke. "It's time to get up," Shake. "Chaeng, there's food." With the mention of food, Chaeyoung starts to open her eyes slowly. 'Of course, she'd wake up if she thought there was food.' Lisa stands up from her position and helps her get up. Giving a little stretch, she wondered if she only dreamt falling asleep beside you the night before or if you had just woken up sooner. "Y/N is in the kitchen making breakfast with Jennie."

Chaeyoung nods in response, not having enough energy yet to form actual sentences that make sense. Holding hands, Lisa pulls her into the bathroom to wash up and then into the kitchen as the last few eggs were cooking. Now somewhat awake, she smiles at the sight of you making food for everyone. "Good morning!"

Everyone returns the greeting, with you turning around and beckoning her over to you. She jaunts over to you and rests her head on your shoulder. "Good morning, good looking. You always look this stunning?" She gives you a kiss on the cheek as a kind of reward for being so smooth with your words. "I could definitely get used to that," moving a little further away from the stove top now, you have the final round of finished eggs with you, placing them onto the pile in the middle. "Eat up, everyone!"

"잘 먹겠습니다! (Thanks for the food!)"

Everyone is munching away on the food happily, both you and Jennie pat each other on the back for a good start to the week or two that you'll all likely be spending at the Manoban house. Jisoo and Chaeyoung decide to wash and dry the dishes while Lisa puts them back into the cupboard. Everyone starts to get a little bored and are scrolling through their phones, checking their feeds from last night. An idea pops into your head and you proceed to check the weather. "Girls, it's going to get quite warm today. Max 39 degrees (102.2F)."