Chapter Two

Meg was sitting on the couch, watching tv, when she heard a loud thud. Meg jumped. She turned off the tv and got up. She walked to the back door and opened the door to see if anyone was there. She looked around and only saw a black cat digging through the trash. Weird. She heard another thud, this time closer. It sounded like it was coming from upstairs. Meg closed the door tightly and locked it. She started making her way towards the stairs. Another thud. She stepped on the first step, thud, second step, thud, third step. Nearing the top, Meg was becoming terrified. Thud, it was the guest room. She opened the door. At first she saw nothing, then she saw boxes, about ten or so. And sorting through those boxes was her older brother, Toby.

"Toby!"

Toby turned around and got up.

"Meg! It's been so long! How are you?"

He walked up to her, and gave her a big hug. They talked for a while, and Meg felt safe. Safer than she had felt in a long time.

"Toby, I'm the target for the yearly prank."

"Wha-?"

Toby looked shocked. She regretted telling him as soon as she said it. Meg walked out the room and went downstairs.

The next day at school, Meg was the talk of the school. Everyone by now had heard what had happened to her. Even the teachers knew. They couldn't do anything to help, even if they wanted to. Meg looked towards the floor and walked to first period. She entered her first period and sat down at her seat. She looked up and saw a girl staring. Not a girl, but THE girl. The most popular girl in school. Her name was Lucy. Popular Lucy, everyone wanted to be her, boys wanted to date her. She always hung out with Ryan, and Jack. Lucy was dating Ryan. And Jack was Ryan's little brother. So when Jack came to the school this year he became instantly popular. Ryan and Jack walked in at that moment. Lucy went to Ryan and kissed him.

"Hey babe," Ryan said after they had pulled apart.

Meg looked away. She found it disgusting.

Lucy only got up to see if Meg would stare. She did. Ryan also caught Meg staring. After school, Lucy, Ryan, and Jack talked about her.

"What a nosy ass bitch."

Lucy and Jack laughed. They couldn't wait for the entertainment to begin. They all laughed a sinister laugh. Lucy kissed Ryan, then went inside to write a another note.