Adoption

I awaken to the Head-Master slapping me to get me awake. I expected nothing less. As a animal-human hybrid living in a demons world, I was treated worst than the humans. It wasn't so bad though, 1/2 a meal a day, a floor to sleep on, not too bad.

Today was adoption day. Meaning a demon was going to come and pick on of us to adopt. We we're considered pets or... Servants to the demon race. I doubt I'll ever be adopted, though. No demon wants a 17 year old pet. They all want the babies or toddlers. I was the oldest, so I'll probably die here.

Nonetheless, I get up and put on the clothes the Head-Master threw at me and got ready for the day.

"Now, a very important Demon will be coming here today and I expect you all to be on your best behavior. Or else" he growls, looking mainly at me. The Head-Master wasn't the kindest of demons.

Everyone nodded and stood in a line, youngest to oldest. The babies and toddlers had their own room, anyone older than 5 stood in the line.

Apparently, the demon the Head-Master spoke of actually wanted an older pet. Which is rare.

We all stood straight as the Head-Master walked in with the 'all important demon' he spoke of.

The demon walked up and down the line, looking all of us up and down until he landed on me at the end. He stopped and pointed at me, making me tense up. The Head-Master sent everyone else away. I shook a bit as the demon walked around me, looking me up and down.

"This one will do perfect," the Demon said to the Head-Master.

He gasps "are you sure, Sir? We have much younger ones that can work so much harder than her!" The Head-Master plead with the demon.

"No, I want her! That's an order!" He growled at the Head-Master and the Head-Master bowed.

"Right away, sir," he went and got the paperwork that needed to be filled out. The demon looked at me, causing me to tense up again.

"Hello, what is your name, little one?"

I jumped a bit, not used to being talked to in such a calm Manor.

"You poor, poor thing. You must be terrified. Well, I will introduce myself first. My name is Dark. And I am the King of this world." He smiled at me, "now, may I know your name?"

I nod "(Y-Y/N)" my voice is small and quiet.

"(Y/N). Such a pretty name for a pretty girl." I flinch as he goes to pet me. He notices all the scars and bruises all over my body. "Don't be scared. I want to take care of you, (Y/N)." He goes to pet me again and this time I barely flinch. He pets my head softly. My ears twitch as his hand grazes over them. He picks me up and sets me down on a chair. He easily picks me up because of my small figure.

The Head-Master soon comes back with the papers. 'Dark' immediantly starts filling them out. He finishes quite quickly.

"Do you have anything you would like to take with you?" He asks me. I shakes my head. "Very well," he smiles and picks me up. A red smoke forms around us and we disappear.