Chapter One: Hot Chocolate On The Roof

It was August 3rd Sunday, and I was driving my car to Munich city hall, going over the limited information that I was given in my briefing. I could remember the man's voice as I drove though the bustling crowds of tourists and German enthusiasts'.

"Mr Caddo. Glad to see you could make it here on such short notice", I recalled him say, in his grizzled voice.

The man wore a black suite and hid behind a pair of dark shades. I now wondered how he could see through them at the time seeing we were in a dark room. I drove past some more festive Germans.

"I'm sorry for getting your boss to call you on your day off".

He wasn't CIA; they would never come to the FBI, let alone ask for help from one of their agents. No. He was a Pentagon operative, from a some high-up position, that cant even tell you what organisation they're from without calming they would have to kill you, not that they ever could, no one is above the law.

I made it to the inner city, and was looking for a good place to set up.

"Jack I know you were the one who brought in the President killer", I remembered the man chuckled, forcing me to let out an unprofessional smirk. I thought he was no more than a mere messenger, who wasn't paid nearly enough to understand what I had done.

"If you're talking about Oswald, no, I didn't he was captured..."

He interrupted me, replying, "No I'm not talking about Oswald. I'm talking about his assailant- the Russian. The real killer".

From that moment, I realised that I wasn't dealing with a simple messenger. This guy was big. Only the President, my boss, misses Kennedy and myself knew about the actual operation. Or rather, that's what I thought, prior to my conversation with this mysterious individual.

"That information is classified".

I parked my car, and waited a minute to make sure it was clear for me to get started.

"Nothing is classified to me. Now I know that you were present when assassination took place, and I also know what you did to the individual responsible". He paused. Under his extremely thick shades, I caught a sparkle in his eyes.

"I have a job for you". I got out my car, went to the back, and opened up the boot.

"What do you want me to do?" He raised an eyebrow, and responded: "I want you to stop an expected assassination attempt, on an incredibly valuable asset". I nodded.

I open the boot of my vehicle to retrieve my guitar case, inside which contained an M40 sniper rifle, and a briefcase with a flask, with some hot water, a few hot chocolate sachets, and a radio. I checked my coat pockets to make sure my colt pistol was on my person and ready with ammunition.

"The asset will be in Munich town hall, where their assassin will try to kill them. Sources indicate the suspect will take his shot from ST. Peters church, in 3 days time".

"Just in time for the Olympics", I replied, grinning.

I picked up my guitar case with the gun in it in one hand, and my briefcase in the other. Afterwards, I went strolling, to find a service ladder.

"Why has he not been put under protection if you know about the attempt " I asked, " were in the process of making a deal with him this development could complicate the matter your are best choice" I nodded.

"Can I know where you obtained this information from?" He shook his head. "But I can tell you that the information has now been compromised, meaning they know that you're coming."