𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭

A small child sits in her bed at night, alone. The year is 2029, everyone was at peace. No war, no violence, no nothing. Just some little crime here and there, but nothing too serious. It's currently 2 am, Friday night. The child sits in bed with her headphones on, listening to her normal soundtrack of music. Before she fell asleep, her eyes shot open after hearing multiple screams and growls from outside. The child looked outside her window, curious about what was happening, and saw what looked to be a giant... centipede silhouette? The silhouette was seen grabbing multiple people from balconies and rooftops and tearing them to shreds with its giant jaws. The child quickly hid under her covers, terrified from all the noises.

The noises soon stopped out of nowhere. Had the silhouette been defeated? Did it kill everyone it saw? The child crawled out from under her covers and looked around. Her room was pitch black except for a small lantern that stood in the middle of it. The child got up and examined the lantern, kneeling in front of it. After awhile, a small purple light came from underneath her bed. The light couldn't be seen by the girl, since she was too focused on the strange lantern that had just appeared in her room. The light flew in front of the girl and introduced itself
[LIGHT] - "Hey! You'll go blind if you keep staring at that, silly!"
[FEMALE-CHILD] - "Ah! Who are you?!"
[LIGHT] - "I'm just a scared fairy... one who has been trapped up for 7000 years. The only thing I remember is taking my first breath, then finding myself in darkness with the other demotheenins-"
[FEMALE-CHILD] - "A what?"
[LIGHT] - "A demotheenin, never heard of them?"
[FEMALE-CHILD] - "N-No?"
The child stayed kneeled on the ground, still extremely confused on what was actually floating in front of her. The child never believed in fictional creatures, so she suspected that this was all a dream and nothing more.
The fairy slapped the girl, the girl fell out of her daydream and wiped away the small tears that formed in her eyes
[FAIRY] - "Just so you know you aren't dreaming~"
[FEMALE-CHILD] - "...rude..."
[FAIRY] - "Sorry! It had to be done ;)"
The fairy's innocent smile soon changed to fear, she looked left and right, as if something was tracking her down.
[FAIRY] - "I must leave... I must leave, I'm not safe here!"
[FEMALE-CHILD] - "What do you mean?!"
[FAIRY] - "Come with me child, we must not be late!"
The fairy grabbed the child's arm and dragged her to the outside of her house. By the time they got there, the child was already extremely dizzy.
[FEMALE-CHILD] - "W-Wha... why did we go outside? Won't we get murde-"
[FAIRY] - "I don't think we've been properly introduced! I'm Charolette, and you?~"
[FEMALE-CHILD] - "Ngh... Annemarie?"
[CHAROLETTE] - "Good, good..."
[ANNEMARIE] - "Are you interrogating me now...?"
[CHAROLETTE] - "No, I'm just making sure I know everything about you! Just Incase we get found by those horrible pointy-nosed demotheenins I was accidentally mixed up with... horrible creatures, they are!"
[ANNEMARIE] - "Demotheenin kinda sounds like 'demons'... should I be scared...?"
Charolette ignored Annemarie's question
[CHAROLETTE] - "Oh! I also grabbed that little souvenir I left for you upstairs!"
Charolette pulled out the latern, which was bigger than her own small body, out from behind her back.
[ANNEMARIE] - "That was... for me?"
[CHAROLETTE] - "How ya gonna see at 3am in the morning when multiple dangerous demothuens are roaming about? Now, I've found a small burrow dug up by a Bigjaw, let's go seek refuge there!"
[ANNEMARIE] - "Okay...?"
[CHAROLETTE] - "...Look, if you're scared, I can hold your hand!"
[ANNEMARIE] - "You're as big as my palm"
Charolette tossed the lantern in Annemarie's hand
[CHAROLETTE] - "Then how about you HOLD something as big as your palm!"
[ANNEMARIE] "You aren't funny"
[CHAROLETTE] - "sigh, I already know that!"

Charolette started flying off in the direction of the burrow, as Annemarie quickly followed behind...

/-TO BE CONTINUED-\