Chapter Two

As Jaelyn wandered around the school, she looked at the Wall of Fame. She saw the football team, track team, volleyball team, and basketball team. She came around a picture showing a familiar face. It was the guy from the parking lot that morning, holding a basketball. The placard on the frame read, "Star Basketball Player of the Year - Casey Johansson."

 "I think I saw him outside," Jaelyn thought to herself.

        Someone tapped on Jaelyn's shoulder and she looked to her left. "Hi, I thought I  might introduce myself; I am Casey Johansson," he said.

      "This guy? The Star Basketball Player of the Year?" Jaelyn asked him, pointing to the photo. Casey nodded.

 "Well nice to meet you, Casey. I'm Jaelyn Crawford," Jaelyn replied.

"Nice to meet you as well."

                "So tell me about yourself," Jaelyn said to him.

"Well, I am eighteen years old, I play basketball and I skateboard. I listen to metal music. I have an older sister but she is in college. I live with my mom and my soon-to-be stepfather. I lost my dad when I was fourteen" Casey explained.

                "All right, my turn. My name is Jaelyn Crawford. I am nineteen years old - I was held back in the 7th grade because I was skipped school too many times without a reason. I have an older brother named Dakota, a sister-in-law named Erica, a five year old niece named Caila. I have a cat. I lost my mother to a car accident five years ago. I listen to rock and alternative music. I have brown eyes and I'm a natural blonde but I dye my hair red. I don't play sports but I love going swimming," Jaelyn responded.

    "Coolio. What is your favorite movie?" Casey asked.

          "Well don't judge me, but my favorite movie is The Lost Boys. The eighties vampire flick with Corey Haim and Feldman, and Keifer Sutherland?" Jaelyn answered

                "You like real deal vampire movies," Casey remarked with a smile. This was definitely a subject he could work with.

                "Yeah. I hate the newer, fake vampire movies like The Twilight Saga," Jaelyn replied. "I can't stand Twilight! It's fucking stupid, and so inaccurate when it comes to vampires. They do NOT sparkle, they die in the sunlight!"

                "No fucking kidding!" Casey said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Raymond entered the school. "Why the fuck am I here early?" he said, quite loudly, obviously wanting people to hear.

                "Watch the language, Mr. Holloway!" Ms. Rye snapped at hin.

              "Sorry, ma'am," Raymond apologized as he walked to the office.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     "All right,where's that Headmaster's daughter at?" Raymond asked himself after he'd left the office. He wandered the halls, looking for her - he wanted to get at her first thing. Early bird gets the girl, right?

                Jaelyn was still talking with Casey about movies. "Remember in Zombieland where Tallahasee was yelling, 'WHERE ARE THE FUCKING TWINKIES!'?" Casey asked.

                Jaelyn laughed. "Oh my god. That was so fucking funny! I laughed so hard watching Zombieland," Jaelyn said.

                "Zombieland is so fucking funny, That movie never gets old," Casey replied.