Fairies Don't Live Long

"Fairies don't live long, but they are so little that a short time seems a good while to them." ✦

♔~♔~♔~♔~♔~♔~♔~♔~♔~♔

"Are you still at it?" Pan walked out from behind a tree.

"Don't you know? Peter Pan never fails. I didn't expect you to find me. But then again, I shouldn't be surprised. Three of you are mothers, quite tentacious about your offspring. Believe it or not I have some understanding of that. But if you're looking to see Henry again, I have to tell you, there's only one place you'll be reunited, in death." Pan smirked causing Regina to fight against the restraints.

"Having trouble moving? Not surprised given where you are. You see what's hastening your demise is your regret." He added.

"What are you talking about?" Emma asked.

"This tree is the site of a very important event for me. I abandonded my best friend here."

"You must regret leaving him here then." Emma cut in.

"But I don't. Quite the opposite, actually. See, I have him all boxed up so I don't lose him again." Pan picked up the box.

"Rumplestiltskin?" Regina frowned.

"Aye."

"You're a fraud your magic is weakened. You can't harm us, let alone Rumplestiltskin." Regina mused.

"You're right. But that's why i'm here. This tree will protect me until my power is restored and then. Well, then I get to have some real fun." He glanced in my direction.

"And I won't ever have to worry about anyone ever again. Something else we will soon have in common." Pan commented making the restraints tighten.

"There has to be another way." Emma breathed.

"No, you're not going to get to me. See, this tree attacks the regret inside anyone who comes here. And you? You've got plenty." He pointed at Emma.

"I regret not taking a better shot at you when I had the chance." She snapped.

"Well, thats not all, is it, savior? No. I have your hearts son inside of me. I can feel just how much you let him down time and time again."

"Leave her alone." Snow spoke up.

"Perhaps I should. After all, what chance did she have at being a good mother? Look at the example you've set. Abandoning her for 28 years!" He finished before turning to me.

"And you." He tilted my chin up with the sword he picked up.

"What regret is keeping you here." He half smirked.

"I regret... I regret falling in love with you." I sneered as I felt a tear stream down my face. I saw sadness cross his face but it was gone as quick as it came he opened his mouth to speak but Regina cut him off.

"Are you finished?"

"Last words from the Queen. Perhaps a deathbed confession from the one who has the most regret of all." He scoffed.

"Yeah, there's one problem with that. I did cast a curse that devastated an entire population. I have tortured and murdered. I've done some terrible things I should be overflowing with regret, but... I'm not." She growled ripping through the vines releasing us all.

"Because it got me my son." She finished reaching into Pan's chest to retrieve Henry's heart. Turning away from the sight I chose to ignore it scared that the stupid part of me would try to help him.

"Now... Let's go save Henry." I could practically hear Regina smirking as we headed off.

♔~♔~♔~♔~♔~♔~♔~♔~♔~♔