Chapter 6: Sunset Dates

After dinner I changed myself into something more presentable, not sure why, I didn't really like this boy right? I ran down the stairs blowing past my siblings and running next door to Geret's house. I don't know why I was so excited, I didn't really like him I had to keep telling myself, I couldn't like him. I knocked on the door and his mom Sandy opened it, my words I couldn't stand her. "Oh hello dear! I bet your here for Geret" she winked "I'll go get him for you." She left the door open walking away as Geret sprinted down the stairs, his goofy smile plastered across his face. He grabbed my hand and kissed my head. "Ready to go Brina?" He was so cute, I was at a loss for words. I had never felt this way before so I just nodded my head. We walked down to the lake and sat there for hours talking and laughing. He was so pleasant and genuine, he truly was different. Apparently I had fallen asleep since the next thing I knew I was being carried back to my house. I had woken up halfway back, but I didn't open my eyes, I didn't want him to put me down. He handed me off to Marcus who put me to bed. "I know your awake Sabrina." Marcus always did seem to know but I didn't open my eyes "Fine ignore me!" He said as he slammed my door closed behind him. Today was officially the best day of my life.