Call of the Road

Life is an std spread by humans having sex

-Donald clark

-death of a superhero (2011)

Hey guys, I'm back. Forgive me for falling off the radar. My keen readers egged me on to get back into the groove. I want to upload regularly hopefully you all can join in. Check out the song, its an amazing riding song.

It's weird. We ride to commute all the time, but there's always the feeling of something missing. It's the feeling of just going out once in a while and not worry about the destination for a change.This is what fuels the group rides and weekend getaways because it releases us from duties and chores. We can enjoy it for a change, not that we don't on the regular commute but just without that nagging feeling. Let me share a few events that shed some light about it. I began as a thirsty new rider aching to go out on group rides.

          Right off the bat with a new bike the journeys began with trek trips with college friends

Right off the bat with a new bike the journeys began with trek trips with college friends. But the thrill of speed eluded me, I had to exercise extreme control to run-in the bike properly before i buckle under the pressure.

For the non-motorist run-in period for any automobile is a limitation to ride the bike at low revs and smoothly for at least 1000kms at which the first service happens after which yo can ease into opening it up and exploring the limits of the vehicle. I lasted 700kms. That distance was excruciating, not just because I was learning the machine as I rode, but to see scooties overtake you at stoplights, Depressing.

 That distance was excruciating, not just because I was learning the machine as I rode, but to see scooties overtake you at stoplights, Depressing

I went off topic, sorry. So where was I?

The journeys began with medium distance rides at slow speeds. Which got boring real fast. So, progress was made to the next step which was solo highway runs. That move opened up enough juice to keep me fed for a while, you learn a lot about yourself when you are hurling yourself at triple digits. Then the bloodlust came back, this time harder than ever with twice an appetite. This brought me to recruit my cousins to go on a thrill ride. Surprisingly thats what we found, we went out in search for tunnels to hear that sweet soul song of our bikes. That journey is a lasting memory, it changed my riding style that I rev-bomb each and every tunnel/underpass for that heavenly audio nectar.